Firefox doesn't start - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox doesn't start - Mozilla ; Hi, FF doesn't even start on my PC. After doubleclicking the shortcut of FF I only get a prompt withe the message: "The application or DLL-file C:\ Program Files\ Mozilla Firefox\ js3250.dll is not a valid Windows-copy. So what to ...

  1. Firefox doesn't start

    Hi, FF doesn't even start on my PC. After doubleclicking the shortcut of FF
    I only get a prompt withe the message: "The application or DLL-file C:\
    Program Files\ Mozilla Firefox\ js3250.dll is not a valid Windows-copy.

    So what to do? Perhaps best to wait for 2.0.0.7?

    Kind regardz,

    Nico.

  2. Re: Firefox doesn't start

    On Or About Sat, 4 Aug 2007 16:21:03 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, du bois Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The mozilla.support.firefox News Group:

    > Hi, FF doesn't even start on my PC. After doubleclicking the shortcut of FF
    > I only get a prompt withe the message: "The application or DLL-file C:\
    > Program Files\ Mozilla Firefox\ js3250.dll is not a valid Windows-copy.
    >
    > So what to do? Perhaps best to wait for 2.0.0.7?
    >
    > Kind regardz,
    >
    > Nico.

    Here is what I did. Using control panel, I uninstalled Firefox. I
    then went to Start Explore. Renamed the Firefox folder by adding an
    X. I then installed Firefox, latest addition. After the install was
    complete and working. I restarted the computer in safe mode and
    deleted the folder I had renamed by adding the X.
    Good Luck.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

  3. Re: Firefox doesn't start

    On 04.08.2007 09:21, du bois wrote:

    > Hi, FF doesn't even start on my PC. After doubleclicking the shortcut of FF
    > I only get a prompt withe the message: "The application or DLL-file C:\
    > Program Files\ Mozilla Firefox\ js3250.dll is not a valid Windows-copy.
    >
    > So what to do? Perhaps best to wait for 2.0.0.7?
    >
    > Kind regardz,
    >
    > Nico.

    If you have the file ipv6monl.dll, then:

    Go to C:\Windows\System32\ipv6monl.dll and delete it.

    Then reinstall FF.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org