Tab Problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tab Problem - Mozilla ; I seem to have a problem with the first tab firefox creates. When I load firefox the window addres bar is blank, when I create a new tab I cannot close the first tab which was made, during firefox startup. ...

  1. Tab Problem

    I seem to have a problem with the first tab firefox creates. When I load
    firefox the window addres bar is blank, when I create a new tab I cannot
    close the first tab which was made, during firefox startup. When trying to
    close the tab nothing appears to happen.

    In the Error Console It says:

    uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
    0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nslWebProgress.RemoveProgressListener]"
    nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame =
    chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml = removeTab = line 1416"
    data: no

    FF Version: 2.0.0.6
    Addons:
    * Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1
    * Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper 1.0.1
    * British English Dictionary 1.19
    * DOM Inspector 1.8.1.6
    * Download Statusbar 0.9.5
    * Extension Manager Extended 2.6.1
    * Fasterfox 2.0.0
    * Firebug 1.05
    * FireFTP 0.97
    * Flashblock 1.5.4.1
    * Fullerscreen 2.02
    * Greasemonkey 0.7.20070607.0
    * Talkback 2.0.0.6
    * Tamper Data 9.8.1
    * URL Link 2.01.0
    * VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension 1.0.1.2814
    * Wizz RSS News Reader 2.1.9.4

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Tab Problem

    Asad Mehmood wrote:
    > I seem to have a problem with the first tab firefox creates. When I load
    > firefox the window addres bar is blank, when I create a new tab I cannot
    > close the first tab which was made, during firefox startup. When trying to
    > close the tab nothing appears to happen.

    Try this:
    1. Disable all extensions and test does it work.
    1.1 If it works, then try enabling extensions untill you find the
    extension that causes the problem.
    1.2 If that didn't work, go to step 2.

    2. Create new profile and test does it work.
    2.1 If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Firefox and removing the
    folder where it was installed (not the profile folder, which is in
    different location)
    2.2 If it works with a new profile, go to step 3.

    3. Create new profile (don't delete the old one) and reinstall all
    extensions you had. And test does the problem re-appear.
    3.1 If the problem re-appears, repeat step 3, but this time install one
    extension at a time and test after each install to find out the reason.
    3.2 If the problem is gone, try setting all your settings the way you
    like them and test again. If all works after that, transfer your
    bookmarks and passwords from the old profile to this new one and start
    using it.

    See this for more info about creating profiles:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Tab Problem

    "Aggro" wrote:
    > Asad Mehmood wrote:
    >> I seem to have a problem with the first tab firefox creates. When I load
    >> firefox the window addres bar is blank, when I create a new tab I cannot
    >> close the first tab which was made, during firefox startup. When trying
    >> to close the tab nothing appears to happen.

    > Try this:
    > 1. Disable all extensions and test does it work.
    > 1.1 If it works, then try enabling extensions untill you find the
    > extension that causes the problem.
    > 1.2 If that didn't work, go to step 2.
    >
    > 2. Create new profile and test does it work.
    > 2.1 If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Firefox and removing the folder
    > where it was installed (not the profile folder, which is in different
    > location)
    > 2.2 If it works with a new profile, go to step 3.
    >
    > 3. Create new profile (don't delete the old one) and reinstall all
    > extensions you had. And test does the problem re-appear.
    > 3.1 If the problem re-appears, repeat step 3, but this time install one
    > extension at a time and test after each install to find out the reason.
    > 3.2 If the problem is gone, try setting all your settings the way you like
    > them and test again. If all works after that, transfer your bookmarks and
    > passwords from the old profile to this new one and start using it.
    >
    > See this for more info about creating profiles:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
    >
    > --
    > Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

    Thanks it seems that the problem was with the Verisign Greenbar Extension.

+ Reply to Thread