FF ftp address - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF ftp address - Mozilla ; Is there an ftp site for downloading versions of FF?...

  1. FF ftp address

    Is there an ftp site for downloading versions of FF?

  2. Re: FF ftp address

    al@invalid wrote:
    > Is there an ftp site for downloading versions of FF?

    For releases:

    ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozil...efox/releases/

    For nightly builds:

    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/

    In both cases you can also use http: instead of ftp:

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    One Page Principle:
    A specification that will not fit on one page of 8.5x11 inch

  3. Re: FF ftp address

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:53:55 +0200, Tony Mechelynck
    wrote:

    >al@invalid wrote:
    >> Is there an ftp site for downloading versions of FF?
    >>

    >For releases:
    >
    >ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozil...efox/releases/
    >
    >For nightly builds:
    >
    >ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/
    >
    >In both cases you can also use http: instead of ftp:

    Many thanks. Now "bookmarked" in Filezilla.

    I had a situation where my FF upgrade to 2.0.0.6 went awry. Although
    I had an earlier installation file on my drive I wondered whether I
    would have to face the ignomony of using IE to download FF because FF
    was broken!

  4. Re: FF ftp address

    al@invalid wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:53:55 +0200, Tony Mechelynck
    > wrote:
    >
    >> al@invalid wrote:
    >>> Is there an ftp site for downloading versions of FF?
    >>>

    >> For releases:
    >>
    >> ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozil...efox/releases/
    >>
    >> For nightly builds:
    >>
    >> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/
    >>
    >> In both cases you can also use http: instead of ftp:
    >>

    > Many thanks. Now "bookmarked" in Filezilla.
    >
    > I had a situation where my FF upgrade to 2.0.0.6 went awry. Although
    > I had an earlier installation file on my drive I wondered whether I
    > would have to face the ignomony of using IE to download FF because FF
    > was broken!

    You can use Lynx (text-only browser from http://lynx.browser.org ), FileZilla,
    or even the command-line "ftp" tool (which is standard in both Windows and
    Linux, and has an elementary command-line help feature). :-)

    For Thunderbird or SeaMonkey, replace the penultimate directory name in the
    paths above.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Virginia law forbids bathtubs in the house; tubs must be kept in the
    yard.

+ Reply to Thread