Firefox is being silly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox is being silly - Mozilla ; Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is, sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will ...

  1. Firefox is being silly

    Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).

    Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.

    As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    this:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts (however, this
    was done a long time ago and worked fine).

    Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.

    Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.

    Help

  2. Re: Firefox is being silly

    flaris@gmail.com wrote:
    > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).
    >
    > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.
    >
    > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > this:
    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts (however, this
    > was done a long time ago and worked fine).
    >
    > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.
    >
    > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.
    >
    > Help

    there's your problem right there. Not all sites are
    pipeline capable. Right click on those entries and reset
    them. Now try again. Any differences?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Firefox is being silly

    On Aug 3, 2:14 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > fla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).

    > > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.

    > > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > > this:
    > >http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../posts(however, this
    > > was done a long time ago and worked fine).

    > > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.

    > > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.

    > > Help

    > there's your problem right there. Not all sites are
    > pipeline capable. Right click on those entries and reset
    > them. Now try again. Any differences?
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    No, no, no. I've had the pipeline options set for well over half a
    year. It's just recently that this problem has started happening.

  4. Re: Firefox is being silly

    On Aug 3, 2:29 am, fla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 3, 2:14 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >

    > wrote:
    > > fla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > > > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > > > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > > > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > > > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).

    > > > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > > > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.

    > > > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > > > this:
    > > >http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../posts(however, this
    > > > was done a long time ago and worked fine).

    > > > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > > > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.

    > > > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > > > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.

    > > > Help

    > > there's your problem right there. Not all sites are
    > > pipeline capable. Right click on those entries and reset
    > > them. Now try again. Any differences?

    > > --
    > > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > > or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    > > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > No, no, no. I've had the pipeline options set for well over half a
    > year. It's just recently that this problem has started happening.

    In fact, my last post took about 5 minutes to send, where Gmail loaded
    fine.

  5. Re: Firefox is being silly

    On 03/08/2007 7:33 am, flaris@gmail.com wrote:

    > On Aug 3, 2:29 am, fla...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> On Aug 3, 2:14 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >>

    >> wrote:
    >>> there's your problem right there. Not all sites are
    >>> pipeline capable. Right click on those entries and reset
    >>> them. Now try again. Any differences?
    >>> --
    >>> Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    >>> only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    >>> or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >>> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    >> No, no, no. I've had the pipeline options set for well over half a
    >> year. It's just recently that this problem has started happening.

    > In fact, my last post took about 5 minutes to send, where Gmail loaded
    > fine.

    What firewall software (if any) are you using. I say this because I
    know from experience that Kaspersky Internet Security / Anti Virus is
    incompatible with pipelining.

    --
    Wilf

  6. Re: Firefox is being silly

    On 03/08/2007 8:29 am, Wilf wrote:

    > On 03/08/2007 7:33 am, flaris@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> On Aug 3, 2:29 am, fla...@gmail.com wrote:

    >>> No, no, no. I've had the pipeline options set for well over half a
    >>> year. It's just recently that this problem has started happening.

    >> In fact, my last post took about 5 minutes to send, where Gmail loaded
    >> fine.
    >>

    > What firewall software (if any) are you using. I say this because I
    > know from experience that Kaspersky Internet Security / Anti Virus is
    > incompatible with pipelining.

    Gee - I didn't look at your original post!!!! I see you ARE using KIS.
    That's the problem - I've een through this many times on the Kaspersky
    forums. Disable pipelining and you'll have solved the problem.

    --
    Wilf

  7. Re: Firefox is being silly

    flaris@gmail.com wrote:
    > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).
    >
    > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.
    >
    > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > this:
    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts (however, this
    > was done a long time ago and worked fine).
    >
    > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.
    >
    > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.
    >
    > Help

    Talk to someone at either your ISP, or Kapersky. Something appears
    wrong with your internet connection, and/or your firewall settings.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  8. Re: Firefox is being silly

    flaris@gmail.com wrote:
    > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).
    >
    > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.
    >
    > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > this:
    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts (however, this
    > was done a long time ago and worked fine).
    >
    > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.
    >
    > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.
    >
    > Help

    Try reading this page:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_d..._%28Firefox%29

  9. Re: Firefox is being silly

    On 03/08/2007 7:03 am, flaris@gmail.com wrote:

    > Alright, so recently (well, not really, been having this problem for a
    > few weeks), Firefox is not properly load the pages. What I mean is,
    > sometimes the page will not load at all or some parts of the page will
    > not load until refreshed. Now, after the refresh, it still goes pretty
    > slow. Sometimes no pages will load at all (such as right now).
    >
    > Normally, if the problem reaches the latter, I just replug my ethernet
    > cable back it and my internet will work again. Currently, it is not.
    >
    > As far as I know, I have not done any tweaks or the such, except for
    > this:
    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts (however, this
    > was done a long time ago and worked fine).
    >
    > Another factor is (I cannot say I am 100% sure) that it started after
    > I installed Kaspersky Internet Security.
    >
    > Oh and sometimes the page will load but images won't. Yes, I've tried
    > it on IE, also, and the pages will work fine.
    >
    > Help

    AS I said in a more buried post in this thread, KIS is incompatible with
    FF pipelining. If you disable pipelining in Firefox all should be ok.
    (in FF go into about:config and reset all boolean preferences with the
    text "pipelining" in their name.

    --
    Wilf

+ Reply to Thread