FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots - Mozilla ; I recently updated to FF 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5 on July 31, 2007. Unfortunately, I now experience a 'Page Not Found Error' whnever I try to download a photo from one of my favorite websites namely, Webshots. Essentially, each time I ...

  1. FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots

    I recently updated to FF 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5 on July 31, 2007.
    Unfortunately, I now experience a 'Page Not Found Error' whnever I try
    to download a photo from one of my favorite websites namely, Webshots.
    Essentially, each time I attempt to download a photo, I'm redirected to
    another page that reads as follows:

    'We're sorry!
    The Webshots page you have requested has either moved or no longer exists.

    Click here to visit the www.webshots.com
    If you are looking for the Webshots Desktop Software, visit the download
    page.'

    BTW, this behavior was nonexistent in using IE, a browser I abstain from
    using at all costs.

    I'm just wondering if the FF update changed or added one of my
    connection settings to cause this behavior. Can anyone help me out?
    Thank you ahead of time.

  2. Re: FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots

    Marty Potokar wrote:
    > I recently updated to FF 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5 on July 31, 2007.
    > Unfortunately, I now experience a 'Page Not Found Error' whnever I try
    > to download a photo from one of my favorite websites namely, Webshots.
    > Essentially, each time I attempt to download a photo, I'm redirected to
    > another page that reads as follows:
    >
    > 'We're sorry!
    > The Webshots page you have requested has either moved or no longer exists.
    >
    > Click here to visit the www.webshots.com
    > If you are looking for the Webshots Desktop Software, visit the download
    > page.'
    >
    > BTW, this behavior was nonexistent in using IE, a browser I abstain from
    > using at all costs.
    >
    > I'm just wondering if the FF update changed or added one of my
    > connection settings to cause this behavior. Can anyone help me out?
    > Thank you ahead of time.

    It seems something in your system is causing this, because I just went
    to Webshots and downloaded one of my pictures from there, and have
    downloaded the 'pro-shots' pictures into the Webshots Desktop since the
    upgrade. Sometimes Webshots doesn't provide a complete URL when you use
    the copy/paste URLs provided in the pages.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots

    For those who may be interested in the resolve, the solution was as follows:

    As I've been a Firefox user from the getgo, I decided to check my
    program folders/files relating to FF. Apparently, given all the updates
    over time, my Document Default User, Local User, and Personal Folders
    contained numerous outdated files from these updates. As such, it
    appears that I finally arrived at a point where a cleanup was in order.
    Essentially, I removed everything and then reinstalled the latest
    version of FF and now all is well whenever I go to Webshots to download
    photos.

    Marty Potokar wrote:
    > I recently updated to FF 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5 on July 31, 2007.
    > Unfortunately, I now experience a 'Page Not Found Error' whnever I try
    > to download a photo from one of my favorite websites namely, Webshots.
    > Essentially, each time I attempt to download a photo, I'm redirected to
    > another page that reads as follows:
    >
    > 'We're sorry!
    > The Webshots page you have requested has either moved or no longer exists.
    >
    > Click here to visit the www.webshots.com
    > If you are looking for the Webshots Desktop Software, visit the download
    > page.'
    >
    > BTW, this behavior was nonexistent in using IE, a browser I abstain from
    > using at all costs.
    >
    > I'm just wondering if the FF update changed or added one of my
    > connection settings to cause this behavior. Can anyone help me out?
    > Thank you ahead of time.

  4. Re: FF Update 2.0.0.6 And Webshots

    Marty Potokar wrote:
    > For those who may be interested in the resolve, the solution was as
    > follows:
    >
    > As I've been a Firefox user from the getgo, I decided to check my
    > program folders/files relating to FF. Apparently, given all the updates
    > over time, my Document Default User, Local User, and Personal Folders
    > contained numerous outdated files from these updates. As such, it
    > appears that I finally arrived at a point where a cleanup was in order.
    > Essentially, I removed everything and then reinstalled the latest
    > version of FF and now all is well whenever I go to Webshots to download
    > photos.
    >

    > Marty Potokar wrote:
    >> I recently updated to FF 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5 on July 31, 2007.
    >> Unfortunately, I now experience a 'Page Not Found Error' whnever I try
    >> to download a photo from one of my favorite websites namely, Webshots.
    >> Essentially, each time I attempt to download a photo, I'm redirected
    >> to another page that reads as follows:
    >>
    >> 'We're sorry!
    >> The Webshots page you have requested has either moved or no longer
    >> exists.
    >>
    >> Click here to visit the www.webshots.com
    >> If you are looking for the Webshots Desktop Software, visit the
    >> download page.'
    >>
    >> BTW, this behavior was nonexistent in using IE, a browser I abstain
    >> from using at all costs.
    >>
    >> I'm just wondering if the FF update changed or added one of my
    >> connection settings to cause this behavior. Can anyone help me out?
    >> Thank you ahead of time.

    While it is certainly a nuisance, especially if one has a lot of
    extensions, to make a new profile, it seems to be prudent when the major
    version changes, or when something inexplicable goes wrong after an update.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread