Line appears with FLASH - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Line appears with FLASH - Mozilla ; Hello, I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier web pages, ...

  1. Line appears with FLASH

    Hello,

    I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in
    a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web
    pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier
    web pages, without a budget to get them. So I am attempting to give
    it to them.

    I'm creating a children's web page. The wanted an airplane flying
    over a playground pulling a banner with the library name behind it. I
    created the image used for the playground and cut off the top to
    create the background for a flash file to have the airplanes fly by.
    It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    Here's the page:

    http://www.library.martin.fl.us/children-proto/

    Thanks in advance.

    George Seaman
    Martin County Library System

  2. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    Web Meister wrote:
    > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    I don't know the answer, but it's not just Firefox. That gap also
    appears with Konqueror (Linux). If I click the maximise/restore window
    button it disappears and reappears.

    Dave
    --
    (Remove any numerics from my email address.)

  3. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    Web Meister wrote:

    > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    If not here, you can probably get some help in alt.html.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.

  4. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    Web Meister wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in
    > a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web
    > pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier
    > web pages, without a budget to get them. So I am attempting to give
    > it to them.
    >
    > I'm creating a children's web page. The wanted an airplane flying
    > over a playground pulling a banner with the library name behind it. I
    > created the image used for the playground and cut off the top to
    > create the background for a flash file to have the airplanes fly by.
    > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?
    >
    > Here's the page:
    >
    > http://www.library.martin.fl.us/children-proto/
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > George Seaman
    > Martin County Library System

    I don't know if this will help, but I only see the line when the Firefox
    window is maximized. When it is not maximized, there is no line. Just
    a little white space around the edges, and the image is a little too big
    for my window and resolution. Otherwise, congratulations on a very nice
    page.

  5. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    On 02.08.2007 22:36, Web Meister wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in
    > a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web
    > pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier
    > web pages, without a budget to get them. So I am attempting to give
    > it to them.
    >
    > I'm creating a children's web page. The wanted an airplane flying
    > over a playground pulling a banner with the library name behind it. I
    > created the image used for the playground and cut off the top to
    > create the background for a flash file to have the airplanes fly by.
    > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?
    >
    > Here's the page:
    >
    > http://www.library.martin.fl.us/children-proto/

    A few errors on that page (13), according to
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...ldren-proto%2F

    Also, the document has no title; is that intentional?

    --
    Arne Hamre

    Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6

  6. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    On Aug 3, 5:35 am, Arne Hamre wrote:
    > On 02.08.2007 22:36, Web Meister wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in
    > > a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web
    > > pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier
    > > web pages, without a budget to get them. So I am attempting to give
    > > it to them.

    > > I'm creating a children's web page. The wanted an airplane flying
    > > over a playground pulling a banner with the library name behind it. I
    > > created the image used for the playground and cut off the top to
    > > create the background for a flash file to have the airplanes fly by.
    > > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    > > Here's the page:

    > >http://www.library.martin.fl.us/children-proto/

    > A few errors on that page (13), according tohttp://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.library....
    >
    > Also, the document has no title; is that intentional?
    >
    > --
    > Arne Hamre
    >
    > Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6
    > Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6

    Thanks Arne,
    This document is very far from done. It has not been made accessible
    to the public yet. It will certainly have a title when finished. And
    as for the errors, perhaps I should send this to Adobe, everything was
    written through Dreamweaver CS3. I gave up on hand coding html when
    the demand became more than I could keep up with with my paltry typing
    skills.

    George

  7. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    On Aug 2, 6:59 pm, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Web Meister wrote:
    > > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    > If not here, you can probably get some help in alt.html.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky RLU 297263
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    > Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that way.
    > The Usenet Improvement Project:http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    Thanks Blinky, I'll try that.

  8. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    On Aug 2, 4:36 pm, Web Meister wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to forums, because I usually don't have a problem. I work in
    > a simplistic world at my little library. With more and more fancy web
    > pages evolving, the librarians here want bigger, better and flashier
    > web pages, without a budget to get them. So I am attempting to give
    > it to them.
    >
    > I'm creating a children's web page. The wanted an airplane flying
    > over a playground pulling a banner with the library name behind it. I
    > created the image used for the playground and cut off the top to
    > create the background for a flash file to have the airplanes fly by.
    > It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    > But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    > image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    > this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?
    >
    > Here's the page:
    >
    > http://www.library.martin.fl.us/children-proto/
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > George Seaman
    > Martin County Library System

    FOUND THE CULPRIT!

    < /BR>

    This little gem was smack between the flash and the image. IE ignores
    it but Netscape and Firefox are a little less forgiving. I took it
    out and the page works perfectly!

    Thanks for the help.

  9. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    Web Meister wrote:
    > On Aug 2, 6:59 pm, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Web Meister wrote:
    >>> It worked wonderfully in Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer and Opera.
    >>> But in Firefox and Netscape I get a line of separation between the
    >>> image and the flash box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make
    >>> this compatible with the Firefox and Netscape browsers?

    >> If not here, you can probably get some help in alt.html.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky RLU 297263
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    >> Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that way.
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    > Thanks Blinky, I'll try that.

    Good luck; see you there.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.

  10. Re: Line appears with FLASH

    Web Meister wrote:

    > This document is very far from done. It has not been made accessible
    > to the public yet. It will certainly have a title when finished. And
    > as for the errors, perhaps I should send this to Adobe, everything was
    > written through Dreamweaver CS3. I gave up on hand coding html when
    > the demand became more than I could keep up with with my paltry typing
    > skills.

    Your best if you're going to use a program like DW is to rough out the
    page that way and then hand code away the problems it has caused.