Confused FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Confused FF - Mozilla ; Since I upgraded to FF, FF opens new tabs in a wrong place. If it's the in 1st windows, FF opens a news tab in between other tabs. Used to open to the right. So, I would always know where ...

  1. Confused FF

    Since I upgraded to FF, FF opens new tabs in a wrong place.
    If it's the in 1st windows, FF opens a news tab in between other tabs. Used to open to the right. So, I would always know where to look for a new tab.
    Even worse if this is not the 1st window. FF puts a new tab into the 1st window somewhere between other tabs. Go find.
    Is it possible to fix?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    gm

  2. Re: Confused FF

    On Aug 2, 11:24 am, gm wrote:
    > Since I upgraded to FF, FF opens new tabs in a wrong place.
    > If it's the in 1st windows, FF opens a news tab in between other tabs. Used to open to the right. So, I would always know where to look for a new tab.
    > Even worse if this is not the 1st window. FF puts a new tab into the 1st window somewhere between other tabs. Go find.
    > Is it possible to fix?

    For mine, it's been opening to the farthest right. I don't remember it
    opening between any tabs, but I've also been running the Tab Mix Plus
    add-on. Perhaps this is what's influencing that order that the tabs
    open?

  3. Re: Confused FF

    On 8/2/2007 10:24 AM, gm wrote:
    > Since I upgraded to FF, FF opens new tabs in a wrong place.
    > If it's the in 1st windows, FF opens a news tab in between other tabs.
    > Used to open to the right. So, I would always know where to look for a
    > new tab.
    > Even worse if this is not the 1st window. FF puts a new tab into the 1st
    > window somewhere between other tabs. Go find.
    > Is it possible to fix?
    > Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    > gm

    Are you using the Tab Mix Plus (TMP) extension? If so, set its options:
    Events>>Tab Opening: UNCHECK "Open new tab next to current one"

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Confused FF

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/2/2007 10:24 AM, gm wrote:
    >> Since I upgraded to FF, FF opens new tabs in a wrong place.
    >> If it's the in 1st windows, FF opens a news tab in between other tabs.
    >> Used to open to the right. So, I would always know where to look for a
    >> new tab.
    >> Even worse if this is not the 1st window. FF puts a new tab into the
    >> 1st window somewhere between other tabs. Go find.
    >> Is it possible to fix?
    >> Thanks in advance for the help.
    >>
    >> gm

    > Are you using the Tab Mix Plus (TMP) extension? If so, set its options:
    > Events>>Tab Opening: UNCHECK "Open new tab next to current one"

    I did not have it, but found and installed. Hope it helps.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread