Changing to Secure Page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Changing to Secure Page - Mozilla ; Hello Everyone, I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type into the address bar to get to the page to make the change. When I go to a Secure page Firefox no ...

  1. Changing to Secure Page

    Hello Everyone,

    I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type into the address bar to get to
    the page to make the change. When I go to a Secure page Firefox no longer notifies me that I have
    changed to a Secure page. It will indicate I have move to an Insecure page.

    Would someone, Please, tell me what to type into the address bar to take me to the correct page ?

    Thank You So Much,

    Wayne

  2. Re: Changing to Secure Page

    In article , Wayne
    wrote...
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type into the address bar to get to
    > the page to make the change. When I go to a Secure page Firefox no longer notifies me that I have
    > changed to a Secure page. It will indicate I have move to an Insecure page.
    >
    > Would someone, Please, tell me what to type into the address bar to take me to the correct page ?

    Do you mean "about:config"?

    You can select which security warnings to show by going to Tools ->
    Options -> Security -> Warning Messages and click on the "Settings"
    button

    --
    Hasse

  3. Re: Changing to Secure Page

    Hasse wrote:
    > In article , Wayne
    > wrote...
    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type into the address bar to get to
    >> the page to make the change. When I go to a Secure page Firefox no longer notifies me that I have
    >> changed to a Secure page. It will indicate I have move to an Insecure page.
    >>
    >> Would someone, Please, tell me what to type into the address bar to take me to the correct page ?

    > Do you mean "about:config"?
    >
    > You can select which security warnings to show by going to Tools ->
    > Options -> Security -> Warning Messages and click on the "Settings"
    > button

    If you are concerned about whether you are on a secure page or not, look
    at the status bar of the browser and see if there is an image of a
    closed padlock.

  4. Re: Changing to Secure Page

    EE wrote:
    > Hasse wrote:
    >> In article , Wayne wrote...
    >>> Hello Everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type
    >>> into the address bar to get to the page to make the change. When I go
    >>> to a Secure page Firefox no longer notifies me that I have changed to
    >>> a Secure page. It will indicate I have move to an Insecure page.
    >>>
    >>> Would someone, Please, tell me what to type into the address bar to
    >>> take me to the correct page ?

    >> Do you mean "about:config"?
    >>
    >> You can select which security warnings to show by going to Tools ->
    >> Options -> Security -> Warning Messages and click on the "Settings"
    >> button
    >>

    > If you are concerned about whether you are on a secure page or not, look
    > at the status bar of the browser and see if there is an image of a
    > closed padlock.

    also the URL of the page should have "https", instead of "http"

  5. Re: Changing to Secure Page

    Thanks Everyone,

    Hasse, That is the term I meant. (about:config) Thank You.

    I did not realize you could do the same through the Tools menu. Thank You again.

    Wayne
    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> I know what to do once I get there, but I have forgotten what to type into the address bar to get
    >> the page to make the change. When I go to a Secure page Firefox no longer notifies me that I have
    >> changed to a Secure page. It will indicate I have move to an Insecure page.
    >>
    >> Would someone, Please, tell me what to type into the address bar to take me to the correct page ?

    > Do you mean "about:config"?
    >
    > You can select which security warnings to show by going to Tools ->
    > Options -> Security -> Warning Messages and click on the "Settings"
    > button
    >
    > --
    > Hasse

+ Reply to Thread