all versions of firefox eat memory - Mozilla

This is a discussion on all versions of firefox eat memory - Mozilla ; all versions of firefox eat memory and do not free it when a tab/ window is closed. If I don't restart firefox in a few days it can cosume over 700 MB with single about :blank window. Maybe this is ...

  1. all versions of firefox eat memory

    all versions of firefox eat memory and do not free it when a tab/
    window is closed. If I don't restart firefox in a few days it can
    cosume over 700 MB with single about:blank window. Maybe this is flash
    plugin or maybe something else, but mozilla should do something about
    it.
    Also memory allocated by java aplets is not freed when the applet is
    gone

  2. Re: all versions of firefox eat memory

    nicksoft wrote:
    > all versions of firefox eat memory and do not free it when a tab/
    > window is closed. If I don't restart firefox in a few days it can
    > cosume over 700 MB with single about:blank window. Maybe this is flash
    > plugin or maybe something else, but mozilla should do something about
    > it.
    > Also memory allocated by java aplets is not freed when the applet is
    > gone

    This might give some help:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_m...sage_-_Firefox

    --