I cant download - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I cant download - Mozilla ; I cant seem to download... when i open the downloads window its blank. what was when i was downloading my PC restarted all of sudden. and when tried downloading again it doesnt work anymore, and the "all files downloaded to:" ...

  1. I cant download

    I cant seem to download... when i open the downloads window its
    blank. what was when i was downloading my PC restarted all of sudden.
    and when tried downloading again it doesnt work anymore, and the "all
    files downloaded to:" is empty tried changing it, still empty. I
    search the groups, and a solution which wanted me to change/erase my
    profile coz im using windows XP but i dont have any other profile.
    Searched again found another solution that requires reseting
    everything by using the safemode, still nothing. tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling no use. tried downgrading also to v 1.5. stil
    nothing. can you guys help me figure this out please. i dont want to

    I hope you guys can help

    -dino

  2. Re: I cant download

    dinojavier@gmail.com wrote:
    > I cant seem to download... when i open the downloads window its
    > blank. what was when i was downloading my PC restarted all of sudden.
    > and when tried downloading again it doesnt work anymore, and the "all
    > files downloaded to:" is empty tried changing it, still empty. I
    > search the groups, and a solution which wanted me to change/erase my
    > profile coz im using windows XP but i dont have any other profile.
    > Searched again found another solution that requires reseting
    > everything by using the safemode, still nothing. tried uninstalling
    > and reinstalling no use. tried downgrading also to v 1.5. stil
    > nothing. can you guys help me figure this out please. i dont want to
    >
    > I hope you guys can help
    >

    > -dino

    are you running under a firewall?

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Any two philosophers can tell each other all they know in two hours.
    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

  3. Re: I cant download

    dinojavier@gmail.com wrote:
    > I cant seem to download... when i open the downloads window its
    > blank. what was when i was downloading my PC restarted all of sudden.
    > and when tried downloading again it doesnt work anymore, and the "all
    > files downloaded to:" is empty tried changing it, still empty. I
    > search the groups, and a solution which wanted me to change/erase my
    > profile coz im using windows XP but i dont have any other profile.
    > Searched again found another solution that requires reseting
    > everything by using the safemode, still nothing. tried uninstalling
    > and reinstalling no use. tried downgrading also to v 1.5. stil
    > nothing. can you guys help me figure this out please. i dont want to
    >
    > I hope you guys can help
    >

    > -dino

    It sounds as if your downloads.rdf file is corrupted. Shut down Firefox
    and delete the downloads.rdf file from the profile. Firefox will make a
    new one when you restart it.

+ Reply to Thread