My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out - Mozilla

This is a discussion on My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out - Mozilla ; I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my computers. I ...

  1. My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out

    I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search
    function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it
    times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my
    computers.
    I certainly hope I don't have to use "exploder" to get to the internet

  2. Re: My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out

    irony13@gmail.com wrote:
    > I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search
    > function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it
    > times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my
    > computers.
    > I certainly hope I don't have to use "exploder" to get to the internet

    try deleting your cache and cookies: Tools, Options,
    Privacy, Settings Button, and then the Clear Now button. In
    that order.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out

    irony13@gmail.com wrote:
    > I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search
    > function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it
    > times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my
    > computers.
    > I certainly hope I don't have to use "exploder" to get to the internet

    I'm suffering similar problems, although I'm not even getting the search
    page up.

    Its almost as if my connection is being refused by Firefox. IE has no
    problems connecting, so its definately a Firefox problem...

  4. Re: My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out

    On 8/2/2007 5:05 AM, Thunderbird leader Rob T by teletype announced:
    > irony13@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search
    >> function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it
    >> times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my
    >> computers.
    >> I certainly hope I don't have to use "exploder" to get to the internet
    >>

    > I'm suffering similar problems, although I'm not even getting the search
    > page up.
    >
    > Its almost as if my connection is being refused by Firefox. IE has no
    > problems connecting, so its definately a Firefox problem...

    Have you checked your firewalls settings to confirm that it is set to
    the correct version of Firefox that you currently have installed.
    Several firewalls have a habit of not properly warning a user when there
    are version mismatches with the firewalls settings.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

  5. Re: My firefox can't find pages for my links and times out

    irony13@gmail.com wrote:
    > I can get to certain pages that are automatic and to the google search
    > function but I can't link anywhere. It just keeps replicating until it
    > times out with "page not found. It's happening on both of my
    > computers.
    > I certainly hope I don't have to use "exploder" to get to the internet

    Are you using HOSTS file blocking to block ad servers and such? If so,
    you should also be using eDexter, which prevents timeouts when the
    browser can't load an ad banner.

    http://pyrenean.com/?page_value=-2
    or
    http://accs-net.com/hosts/eDexter.html