Firefox update causes crashes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox update causes crashes - Mozilla ; Since updating Firefox yesterday the program has crashed at least 5 times over 24 hours. This is really annoying and I'm quite bothered by having lost several things that I was working on. Why 'fix' something if it's not broken?...

  1. Firefox update causes crashes

    Since updating Firefox yesterday the program has crashed at least 5
    times over 24 hours. This is really annoying and I'm quite bothered by
    having lost several things that I was working on. Why 'fix' something
    if it's not broken?

  2. Re: Firefox update causes crashes

    I am in the same boat. Since the upgrade to FireFox 2.0.0.6, sites
    that worked in the past fail, FireFox locks up frequently on sites
    that worked fine in 2.0.0.5 and just 15 minutes ago, FireFox cause my
    whole system to lock up. I am using Vista Business and this is the
    absolute first time that something has caused the OS to freeze.
    Usually I can just kill the troubles program., recently that program
    has been FireFox Not the case this time. I would be much happier going
    back to 2.0.0.5. How can I get that installer and uninstall 2.0.0.6?

    On Aug 1, 5:56 pm, facel...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Since updating Firefox yesterday the program has crashed at least 5
    > times over 24 hours. This is really annoying and I'm quite bothered by
    > having lost several things that I was working on. Why 'fix' something
    > if it's not broken?

  3. Re: Firefox update causes crashes

    On Aug 1, 4:15 pm, frater...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am in the same boat. Since the upgrade to FireFox 2.0.0.6, sites
    > that worked in the past fail, FireFox locks up frequently on sites
    > that worked fine in 2.0.0.5 and just 15 minutes ago, FireFox cause my
    > whole system to lock up. I am using Vista Business and this is the
    > absolute first time that something has caused the OS to freeze.
    > Usually I can just kill the troubles program., recently that program
    > has been FireFox Not the case this time. I would be much happier going
    > back to 2.0.0.5. How can I get that installer and uninstall 2.0.0.6?

    If you want the previous version of Firefox, just search on Google. Or
    were you trying to look for a site that's safe to get it from? I
    downloaded version 1.5 from here and ran it temporarily, and if they
    also have their note about running programs through several virus
    scanners. http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.htm

  4. Re: Firefox update causes crashes

    On 8/3/07 5:55 PM, _LK_ spoke thusly:
    > If you want the previous version of Firefox, just search on Google. Or
    > were you trying to look for a site that's safe to get it from? I
    > downloaded version 1.5 from here and ran it temporarily, and if they
    > also have their note about running programs through several virus
    > scanners. http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.htm

    Try not to use third party sites for that. You can grab previous
    versions from Mozilla's FTP site.

    --
    Chris Ilias