Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update - Mozilla ; As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from GetFirefox ( http://getfirefox.com ). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security
    update process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac,
    and Linux for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).

    Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox
    users upgrade to this latest release.

    If you already have Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated
    update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be
    applied manually by selecting “Check for Updates…” from the Help menu
    starting now.

    For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
    2.0.0.6 Release Notes (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    2.0.0.6/releasenotes/).

    If you are still running Firefox 1.5.0.x, you are highly encouraged
    to upgrade to the Firefox 2 series as Mozilla ceased supporting
    Firefox 1.5.0.x in May 2007. Simply choose "Check for Updates..."
    from the Help menu to begin the upgrade process.
    --
    Basil Hashem
    basil@mozilla.com

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    On Jul 30, 11:32 pm, Basil Hashem wrote:
    > As part of Mozilla Corporation's ongoing stability and security
    > update process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac,
    > and Linux for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).
    >
    > Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox
    > users upgrade to this latest release.
    >
    > If you already have Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated
    > update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be
    > applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates..." from the Help menu
    > starting now.
    >
    > For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
    > 2.0.0.6 Release Notes (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    > 2.0.0.6/releasenotes/).
    >
    > If you are still running Firefox 1.5.0.x, you are highly encouraged
    > to upgrade to the Firefox 2 series as Mozilla ceased supporting
    > Firefox 1.5.0.x in May 2007. Simply choose "Check for Updates..."
    > from the Help menu to begin the upgrade process.
    > --
    > Basil Hashem
    > ba...@mozilla.com

    Are we supposed to uninstall previous releases of FF before we install
    the latest release? The last two times I've upgraded I've had
    hellacious problems with my profile and extensions. It almost
    happened again but I think I averted what could have been another 8
    -10 hours spent on downloading, configuring and testing extensions for
    compatibility issues.

    I just tried to upgrade from 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 and then all hell
    broke loose with my extensions - none of them worked and FF would chug
    and chug before displaying a non-responsive script error message..
    When FF did finally launch and I checked the status of my extensions
    via tools | addons, many of them said that they'd install after I
    restarted FF... and this was already after I'd restarted it. The only
    option available to me was to uninstall them. I have about 150
    installed and I use about 134 regularly. FF exhibited the same
    behavior after I upgraded from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5; my profile ended up
    being corrupted and I had to reinstall all my extensions, which took
    me about 8 - 10 hours including testing incompatibilities among the
    extensions.

    I uninstalled 2.0.0.6 and reinstalled 2.0.0.5. After a couple of
    browser hangs and messages about non-responsive scripts, FF 2.0.0.5
    finally loaded with no issues and all my extensions were intact and
    working. Any idea about what's going on and where I need to look?
    Thanks.

    Michael Preiss

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    On Jul 30, 11:32 pm, Basil Hashem wrote:
    > As part of Mozilla Corporation's ongoing stability and security
    > update process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac,
    > and Linux for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).
    >
    > Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox
    > users upgrade to this latest release.
    >
    > If you already have Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated
    > update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be
    > applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates..." from the Help menu
    > starting now.
    >
    > For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
    > 2.0.0.6 Release Notes (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    > 2.0.0.6/releasenotes/).
    >
    > If you are still running Firefox 1.5.0.x, you are highly encouraged
    > to upgrade to the Firefox 2 series as Mozilla ceased supporting
    > Firefox 1.5.0.x in May 2007. Simply choose "Check for Updates..."
    > from the Help menu to begin the upgrade process.
    > --
    > Basil Hashem
    > ba...@mozilla.com

    Alright.... My bad. I'm straight. Forgot to disable my Antivir and
    my firewall. Upgrade went smooth as a baby's butt... but nowhere near
    as odoriferous.

  4. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    Michael wrote:
    > On Jul 30, 11:32 pm, Basil Hashem wrote:
    >> As part of Mozilla Corporation's ongoing stability and security
    >> update process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac,
    >> and Linux for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).
    >>
    >> Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox
    >> users upgrade to this latest release.
    >>
    >> If you already have Firefox 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated
    >> update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be
    >> applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates..." from the Help menu
    >> starting now.
    >>
    >> For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox
    >> 2.0.0.6 Release Notes (http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    >> 2.0.0.6/releasenotes/).
    >>
    >> If you are still running Firefox 1.5.0.x, you are highly encouraged
    >> to upgrade to the Firefox 2 series as Mozilla ceased supporting
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.x in May 2007. Simply choose "Check for Updates..."
    >> from the Help menu to begin the upgrade process.
    >> --
    >> Basil Hashem
    >> ba...@mozilla.com

    > Are we supposed to uninstall previous releases of FF before we install
    > the latest release? The last two times I've upgraded I've had
    > hellacious problems with my profile and extensions. It almost
    > happened again but I think I averted what could have been another 8
    > -10 hours spent on downloading, configuring and testing extensions for
    > compatibility issues.
    >
    > I just tried to upgrade from 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 and then all hell
    > broke loose with my extensions - none of them worked and FF would chug
    > and chug before displaying a non-responsive script error message..
    > When FF did finally launch and I checked the status of my extensions
    > via tools | addons, many of them said that they'd install after I
    > restarted FF... and this was already after I'd restarted it. The only
    > option available to me was to uninstall them. I have about 150
    > installed and I use about 134 regularly. FF exhibited the same
    > behavior after I upgraded from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5; my profile ended up
    > being corrupted and I had to reinstall all my extensions, which took
    > me about 8 - 10 hours including testing incompatibilities among the
    > extensions.
    >
    > I uninstalled 2.0.0.6 and reinstalled 2.0.0.5. After a couple of
    > browser hangs and messages about non-responsive scripts, FF 2.0.0.5
    > finally loaded with no issues and all my extensions were intact and
    > working. Any idea about what's going on and where I need to look?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Michael Preiss

    You are so lucky to have that many extensions working all at the same
    time that you should be VERY surprised you are able to make FF work at
    all. At some point, you have to choose between using all those
    extensions, and being able to safely apply updates, which are usually
    intended to plug security issues. Surely you can live without 100 or so
    of those extensions....

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  5. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    No problems at all updating here. Just went to Search For Updates and job
    done - easy.

  6. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    Basil Hashem wrote:
    > As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security update
    > process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
    > for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).

    Seems to be a FF but not TB update? Is that correct? I still see only 2.0.0.5 as the latest available release of TB.

    Thanks!

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems

  7. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    On 31.07.2007 07:01, Michael Lueck wrote:

    >> As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security update
    >> process, Firefox 2.0.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
    >> for free download from GetFirefox (http://getfirefox.com).

    > Seems to be a FF but not TB update? Is that correct? I still see only 2.0.0.5 as the latest available release of TB.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Hmm, you're in a Firefox group and the post was concerning an update to
    Firefox 2.0.0.6 ... How does Thunderbird relate to this and yes, TB is
    still at 2.0.0.5 ;-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  8. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > How does Thunderbird relate to this

    Because FF and TB come from the same common code base.

    > and yes, TB is
    > still at 2.0.0.5 ;-)

    Very well.

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems
    http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/

  9. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    Michael Lueck wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> How does Thunderbird relate to this

    > Because FF and TB come from the same common code base.

    Stop interjecting reason into your arguments! After all, we do have form
    to consider!

    ;-)

    BTW, TB's now considered the drunken uncle of the Mozilla Corporation
    Andrew DeFaria
    A computer's attention span is as long as it's power cord.

  10. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update

    "Michael Lueck" wrote in message
    news:ncmdnW8s0sUJ3jLbnZ2dnUVZ_rninZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> How does Thunderbird relate to this

    > Because FF and TB come from the same common code base.
    >
    >> and yes, TB is
    >> still at 2.0.0.5 ;-)

    > Very well.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Lueck
    > Lueck Data Systems
    > http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/

    Mione was ok, it uploaded the fiels, then asked to close, then said that
    only a partial update had been made and asked to update again, and the
    second time it worked ok.

    John.

  11. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 Security Update