Shortcut to desktop? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Shortcut to desktop? - Mozilla ; Hello, Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF? There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can drag the URL to the desktop but can be done with ...

  1. Shortcut to desktop?

    Hello,

    Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF?

    There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can drag
    the URL to the desktop but can be done with a click?

    Thanks

    Bob

  2. Re: Shortcut to desktop?

    On 7/30/2007 12:20 PM eastern, Hymer wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF?
    >
    > There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can drag
    > the URL to the desktop but can be done with a click?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bob

    Put Microsoft's Show Desktop icon on your Windows Quick Launch toolbar
    if it's not already there, and use that.
    CTinCT

  3. Re: Shortcut to desktop?

    On 7/30/2007 12:55 PM eastern, Cal Tinson wrote:
    > On 7/30/2007 12:20 PM eastern, Hymer wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF?
    >>
    >> There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can drag
    >> the URL to the desktop but can be done with a click?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Put Microsoft's Show Desktop icon on your Windows Quick Launch toolbar
    > if it's not already there, and use that.
    > CTinCT

    ooops! Misread your question. Get the deskCut add on.
    CTinCT

  4. Re: Shortcut to desktop?

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF?
    >>
    >> There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can
    >> drag
    >> the URL to the desktop but can be done with a click?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Put Microsoft's Show Desktop icon on your Windows Quick Launch
    > toolbar
    > if it's not already there, and use that.

    I have the Show Desktop icon and can, of course, show the desktop. I
    can drag and drop the URL onto the desktop to create the shortcut. But
    I can not copy the URL and paste onto the desktop. When I copy the
    URL, it does not seem to be in the clipboard and available for
    pasting. Control-V does not work and when I right click on the
    desktop, Paste is grayed-out.

    Any thoughts on how to do this efficiently?

    Thanks,

    Bob

  5. Re: Shortcut to desktop?

    Hymer wrote:

    > I can not copy the URL and paste onto the desktop. When I copy the
    > URL, it does not seem to be in the clipboard and available for
    > pasting. Control-V does not work and when I right click on the
    > desktop, Paste is grayed-out.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to do this efficiently?

    Right-click the desktop, select new, shortcut, and past the URL there.

    --
    Jordon

  6. Re: Shortcut to desktop?

    >>> Is there a way to create a shortcut to the desktop with FF?
    >>>
    >>> There does not seem to be a right click option and I know I can
    >>> drag
    >>> the URL to the desktop but can be done with a click?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> Put Microsoft's Show Desktop icon on your Windows Quick Launch
    >> toolbar
    >> if it's not already there, and use that.
    >> CTinCT

    > ooops! Misread your question. Get the deskCut add on.
    > CTinCT

    Thanks Cal. Just what I wanted. Much appreciated.

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread