Windows Defender - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Windows Defender - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm sorry if its not the right place to add this, but I wanted to ask about Windows Defender, and what people think of it. Is it worth having the program on the pc? I used to use it, ...

  1. Windows Defender

    Hi, I'm sorry if its not the right place to add this, but I wanted to ask
    about Windows Defender, and what people think of it. Is it worth having the
    program on the pc? I used to use it, mainly because you could dictate what
    programs you could open on startup, but I'm just not sure about it.

    John.

  2. Re: Windows Defender

    John wrote:
    > Hi, I'm sorry if its not the right place to add this, but I wanted to ask
    > about Windows Defender, and what people think of it. Is it worth having the
    > program on the pc? I used to use it, mainly because you could dictate what
    > programs you could open on startup, but I'm just not sure about it.
    >
    > John.

    It was a pretty good application until MS managed to mess it up by
    taking out most of the options for settings. Now I wouldn't touch it
    with a ten-foot pole. Since my firewall program does everything Windows
    Defender does, and does it better, I uninstalled it from my computers.
    IF you just use the Windows XP firewall, then you might find WD somewhat
    useful. I see no great harm in it, other than excessive overhead.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Windows Defender

    "Ron Hunter" wrote in message
    news:RuSdnXH2F6rqADDbnZ2dnUVZ_ofinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > John wrote:
    >> Hi, I'm sorry if its not the right place to add this, but I wanted to ask
    >> about Windows Defender, and what people think of it. Is it worth having
    >> the program on the pc? I used to use it, mainly because you could dictate
    >> what programs you could open on startup, but I'm just not sure about it.
    >>
    >> John.

    > It was a pretty good application until MS managed to mess it up by taking
    > out most of the options for settings. Now I wouldn't touch it with a
    > ten-foot pole. Since my firewall program does everything Windows Defender
    > does, and does it better, I uninstalled it from my computers. IF you just
    > use the Windows XP firewall, then you might find WD somewhat useful. I
    > see no great harm in it, other than excessive overhead.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    I wondered about that. Is iot easy to uninstall, are there any things you
    need to do before uninstalling it?

    Thank you.

    John.

  4. Re: Windows Defender

    John wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" wrote in message
    > news:RuSdnXH2F6rqADDbnZ2dnUVZ_ofinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> John wrote:
    >>> Hi, I'm sorry if its not the right place to add this, but I wanted to ask
    >>> about Windows Defender, and what people think of it. Is it worth having
    >>> the program on the pc? I used to use it, mainly because you could dictate
    >>> what programs you could open on startup, but I'm just not sure about it.
    >>>
    >>> John.

    >> It was a pretty good application until MS managed to mess it up by taking
    >> out most of the options for settings. Now I wouldn't touch it with a
    >> ten-foot pole. Since my firewall program does everything Windows Defender
    >> does, and does it better, I uninstalled it from my computers. IF you just
    >> use the Windows XP firewall, then you might find WD somewhat useful. I
    >> see no great harm in it, other than excessive overhead.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    > I wondered about that. Is iot easy to uninstall, are there any things you
    > need to do before uninstalling it?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > John.

    No. It seems to uninstall easily, but it annoyed me because I couldn't
    configure the latest versions as I could the earlier ones. I am rather
    fond of programs I can configure the way I want them.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread