Latest update breaks firefix AND IE - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Latest update breaks firefix AND IE - Mozilla ; I accepted the latest firefox update on my Vista machine. After the update, I coudn't connect to the internet so I turned the firewall off completely. No joy. Vista internet icon says I have internet access and I do, through ...

  1. Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    I accepted the latest firefox update on my Vista machine.

    After the update, I coudn't connect to the internet so I turned the
    firewall off completely. No joy. Vista internet icon says I have
    internet access and I do, through Opera only. IE and Firefox are
    completely broken.

    Suggestions, anyone? Opera's OK, but I prefer Firefox.

    Cheers!
    Ian

  2. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    System Restore?

    "ian807" wrote in message
    news:1184936746.350516.9480@q75g2000hsh.googlegrou ps.com...
    >I accepted the latest firefox update on my Vista machine.
    >
    > After the update, I coudn't connect to the internet so I turned the
    > firewall off completely. No joy. Vista internet icon says I have
    > internet access and I do, through Opera only. IE and Firefox are
    > completely broken.
    >
    > Suggestions, anyone? Opera's OK, but I prefer Firefox.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > Ian

  3. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    On 20 Jul, 16:55, "Maincat" wrote:
    > System Restore?
    >
    > "ian807" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1184936746.350516.9480@q75g2000hsh.googlegrou ps.com...

    I have almost the same problem - running Vista and updated to 2.0.0.5
    and now firefox says there is no internet connection. IE is fine
    though.

    > >I accepted the latest firefox update on my Vista machine.

    > > After the update, I coudn't connect to the internet so I turned the
    > > firewall off completely. No joy. Vista internet icon says I have
    > > internet access and I do, through Opera only. IE and Firefox are
    > > completely broken.

    > > Suggestions, anyone? Opera's OK, but I prefer Firefox.

    > > Cheers!
    > > Ian- Hide quoted text -

  4. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    On Jul 20, 6:46 pm, ICT User wrote:
    > On 20 Jul, 16:55, "Maincat" wrote:> System Restore?
    >
    > > "ian807" wrote in message

    > >news:1184936746.350516.9480@q75g2000hsh.googlegrou ps.com...

    > I have almost the same problem - running Vista and updated to 2.0.0.5
    > and now firefox says there is no internet connection. IE is fine
    > though.
    >

    > > >I accepted the latest firefox update on my Vista machine.

    > > > After the update, I coudn't connect to the internet so I turned the
    > > > firewall off completely. No joy. Vista internet icon says I have
    > > > internet access and I do, through Opera only. IE and Firefox are
    > > > completely broken.

    > > > Suggestions, anyone? Opera's OK, but I prefer Firefox.

    > > > Cheers!
    > > > Ian- Hide quoted text -

    I have the same problem. My XP box upgraded and works fine but the
    vista box say it is unable to connect. IE works fine, since i am
    using it now to write this.

  5. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    On Jul 21, 5:17 pm, mkmcmur...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 20, 6:46 pm, ICT User wrote:
    >

    > > On 20 Jul, 16:55, "Maincat" wrote:> System Restore?

    > > > "ian807" wrote in message

    > > >news:1184936746.350516.9480@q75g2000hsh.googlegrou ps.com...

    > > I have almost the same problem - running Vista and updated to 2.0.0.5
    > > and now firefox says there is no internet connection. IE is fine
    > > though.

    > I have the same problem. My XP box upgraded and works fine but the
    > vista box say it is unable to connect. IE works fine, since i am
    > using it now to write this.- Hide quoted text -

    I had the EXACT same problem...updating from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 broke
    my internet connection in Firefox on Vista. I tried all sorts of
    things, and finally uninstalled 2.0.0.5 and reinstalled 2.0.0.4 and
    everything is fine. You can download it here:

    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...4/win32/en-US/

    One final problem is my Symantec Antivirus can no longer LiveUpdate
    (connection fails too). I will try uninstalling and reinstalling that
    to see if it fixes it.

  6. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    On Jul 26, 3:10 am, marcus.em...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 21, 5:17 pm, mkmcmur...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 20, 6:46 pm, ICT User wrote:

    > > > On 20 Jul, 16:55, "Maincat" wrote:> System Restore?

    > > > I have almost the same problem - running Vista and updated to 2.0.0.5
    > > > and now firefox says there is no internet connection. IE is fine
    > > > though.

    > > I have the same problem. My XP box upgraded and works fine but the
    > > vista box say it is unable to connect. IE works fine, since i am
    > > using it now to write this.- Hide quoted text -

    > I had the EXACT same problem...updating from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 broke
    > my internet connection in Firefox on Vista. I tried all sorts of
    > things, and finally uninstalled 2.0.0.5 and reinstalled 2.0.0.4 and
    > everything is fine. You can download it here:
    >
    > http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eases/2.0.0.4/...
    >
    > One final problem is my Symantec Antivirus can no longer LiveUpdate
    > (connection fails too). I will try uninstalling and reinstalling that
    > to see if it fixes it.- Hide quoted text -

    I also have this problem on Vista, my XP machine works fine... have
    you heard anything from Mozilla about a fix? i'm downloading Opera to
    use in the mean time

  7. Re: Latest update breaks firefix AND IE

    On Jul 31, 5:45 pm, yrr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 26, 3:10 am, marcus.em...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > I have the same problem. My XP box upgraded and works fine but the
    > > > vista box say it is unable to connect. IE works fine, since i am
    > > > using it now to write this.- Hide quoted text -

    > > I had the EXACT same problem...updating from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 broke
    > > my internet connection in Firefox on Vista. I tried all sorts of
    > > things, and finally uninstalled 2.0.0.5 and reinstalled 2.0.0.4 and
    > > everything is fine. You can download it here:

    > >http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eases/2.0.0.4/...

    > > One final problem is my Symantec Antivirus can no longer LiveUpdate
    > > (connection fails too). I will try uninstalling and reinstalling that
    > > to see if it fixes it.- Hide quoted text -

    > I also have this problem on Vista, my XP machine works fine... have
    > you heard anything from Mozilla about a fix? i'm downloading Opera to
    > use in the mean time- Hide quoted text -

    Opera didn't work either, so i just did system restore and IE works
    just fine

+ Reply to Thread