Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5 - Mozilla ; After up dating to 2.0.0.5, None of my themes work except for default theme. None of my extensions work now either. Clicking on the add ons shows them but clicking on options link locks up add on box. I've uninstalled ...

  1. Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    After up dating to 2.0.0.5, None of my themes work except for default theme.
    None of my extensions work now either. Clicking on the add ons shows them
    but clicking on options link locks up add on box. I've uninstalled them and
    reinstalled them and they show they are installed, but none of them work.
    I'm running Vista Home Premium.

    --
    Lonnie McCoslin

  2. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    Lonnie McCoslin wrote:
    > After up dating to 2.0.0.5, None of my themes work except for default
    > theme. None of my extensions work now either. Clicking on the add ons
    > shows them but clicking on options link locks up add on box. I've
    > uninstalled them and reinstalled them and they show they are installed,
    > but none of them work. I'm running Vista Home Premium.

    Which particular themes and add-ons are giving you trouble. All of mine
    worked fine after the upgrade.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  3. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    "SteveG" wrote in message news:HLCdnVDDRYyvgALbnZ2dnUVZ_vXinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Lonnie McCoslin wrote:
    > > After up dating to 2.0.0.5, None of my themes work except for default
    > > theme. None of my extensions work now either. Clicking on the add ons
    > > shows them but clicking on options link locks up add on box. I've
    > > uninstalled them and reinstalled them and they show they are installed,
    > > but none of them work. I'm running Vista Home Premium.

    see
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    Before you do that though take a picture of your toolbars so that you
    can recreate them (view, toolbars, customize) after the get reset.

  4. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    On Jul 19, 9:35 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "SteveG" wrote in messagenews:HLCdnVDDRYyvgALbnZ2dnUVZ_vXinZ2d@mozil la.org...
    > > Lonnie McCoslin wrote:
    > > > After up dating to 2.0.0.5, None of my themes work except for default
    > > > theme. None of my extensions work now either. Clicking on the add ons
    > > > shows them but clicking on options link locks up add on box. I've
    > > > uninstalled them and reinstalled them and they show they are installed,
    > > > but none of them work. I'm running Vista Home Premium.

    > see
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    > Before you do that though take a picture of your toolbars so that you
    > can recreate them (view, toolbars, customize) after the get reset.

    I am having the exact same problem as this poster (running Vista Home
    Premium, too). I am hesitant to try the localstore fix, as it is not
    my toolbars that are the problem; in fact the changes I made to the
    toolbar and search engines are about the only things that are working
    fine. The linked KB article doesn't say anything about extensions.
    Are you sure this is the right fix?

  5. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    On Jul 20, 12:50 am, provost.davi...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 19, 9:35 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:

    > > see
    > > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    > > Before you do that though take a picture of your toolbars so that you
    > > can recreate them (view, toolbars, customize) after the get reset.

    > I am having the exact same problem as this poster (running Vista Home
    > Premium, too). I am hesitant to try the localstore fix, as it is not
    > my toolbars that are the problem; in fact the changes I made to the
    > toolbar and search engines are about the only things that are working
    > fine. The linked KB article doesn't say anything about extensions.
    > Are you sure this is the right fix?

    This is not the right fix. I am using Vista and having the identical
    problems as above. I am tried removing everything all the way to the
    registry and it reloads the same way: all add ons are stuck and no
    themes will work aside from the default. I cannot get it to re-set.
    Does anyone from Mozilla read this stuff?

  6. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    draconianclown@gmail.com wrote:

    > This is not the right fix. I am using Vista and having the identical
    > problems as above. I am tried removing everything all the way to the
    > registry and it reloads the same way: all add ons are stuck and no
    > themes will work aside from the default. I cannot get it to re-set.
    > Does anyone from Mozilla read this stuff?

    I had that happen to me on an earlier version (around 1.0 I think). I
    am wracking my brains to remember how I fixed it and if I remember I'll
    post it. But it was fixable so worth experimenting a bit.

    Tony

  7. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > draconianclown@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> This is not the right fix. I am using Vista and having the identical
    >> problems as above. I am tried removing everything all the way to the
    >> registry and it reloads the same way: all add ons are stuck and no
    >> themes will work aside from the default. I cannot get it to re-set.
    >> Does anyone from Mozilla read this stuff?
    >>

    > I had that happen to me on an earlier version (around 1.0 I think). I
    > am wracking my brains to remember how I fixed it and if I remember I'll
    > post it. But it was fixable so worth experimenting a bit.
    >
    > Tony

    I'm getting the same problem with the Google Toolbar and with the Mouse
    Gestures addon. Google Toolbar just won't show up, I've tried
    uninstalling/reinstalling it and uninstalling firefox with no luck.
    Mouse gestures doesn't pick up my mouse.
    Its not just on one computer either, my home computer (Vista) and my
    computer at work (XP) have the problem.

    regards,
    Michael T

  8. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    "Michael Towers" wrote in message news:s-qdnaDncdFB6jrbnZ2dnUVZ_q_inZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    > > draconianclown@gmail.com wrote:
    > >>
    > >> This is not the right fix. I am using Vista and having the identical
    > >> problems as above. I am tried removing everything all the way to the
    > >> registry and it reloads the same way: all add ons are stuck and no
    > >> themes will work aside from the default. I cannot get it to re-set.
    > >> Does anyone from Mozilla read this stuff?
    > >>

    > > I had that happen to me on an earlier version (around 1.0 I think). I
    > > am wracking my brains to remember how I fixed it and if I remember I'll
    > > post it. But it was fixable so worth experimenting a bit.
    > >
    > > Tony

    > I'm getting the same problem with the Google Toolbar and with the Mouse
    > Gestures addon. Google Toolbar just won't show up, I've tried
    > uninstalling/reinstalling it and uninstalling firefox with no luck.
    > Mouse gestures doesn't pick up my mouse.
    > Its not just on one computer either, my home computer (Vista) and my
    > computer at work (XP) have the problem.

    See if this helps, applies to Vista
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

    then from the table of contents choose:
    The_program_must_close_to_allow_a_previous_install ation_attempt_to_complete
    Please_restart..22_on_Vista

    was found while looking for something else:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...+close+%22X%22

  9. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > "Michael Towers" wrote in message news:s-qdnaDncdFB6jrbnZ2dnUVZ_q_inZ2d@mozilla.org...
    >> Tony Raven wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> I had that happen to me on an earlier version (around 1.0 I think). I
    >>> am wracking my brains to remember how I fixed it and if I remember I'll
    >>> post it. But it was fixable so worth experimenting a bit.
    >>>
    >>> Tony

    >> I'm getting the same problem with the Google Toolbar and with the Mouse
    >> Gestures addon. Google Toolbar just won't show up, I've tried
    >> uninstalling/reinstalling it and uninstalling firefox with no luck.
    >> Mouse gestures doesn't pick up my mouse.
    >> Its not just on one computer either, my home computer (Vista) and my
    >> computer at work (XP) have the problem.

    > See if this helps, applies to Vista
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up
    >
    > then from the table of contents choose:
    > The_program_must_close_to_allow_a_previous_install ation_attempt_to_complete
    > Please_restart..22_on_Vista
    >
    > was found while looking for something else:
    > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...+close+%22X%22

    I found what my problem was.
    After uninstalling all the plugins then uninstalling firefox, I then
    reinstalled Firefox. First I put in googlebar, that worked, then put in
    mouse gestures, that worked, then foxmarks, that worked.... Then I put
    Netcraft toolbar back in and all of a sudden googlebar and mouse
    gestures stopped working. So I immediately got rid of the netcraft bar
    and everything started working again.

    So if you use Netcraft bar and you're having problems, try uninstalling it.

  10. Re: Add ons & extensions don't work after updating to 2.0.0.5

    On Jul 27, 9:04 am, Michael Towers
    wrote:
    > David McRitchie wrote:

    > >> I'm getting the same problem with the Google Toolbar and with the Mouse
    > >> Gestures addon. Google Toolbar just won't show up, I've tried
    > >> uninstalling/reinstalling it and uninstalling firefox with no luck.
    > >> Mouse gestures doesn't pick up my mouse.
    > >> Its not just on one computer either, my home computer (Vista) and my
    > >> computer at work (XP) have the problem.

    > > See if this helps, applies to Vista
    > > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

    > > then from the table of contents choose:
    > > The_program_must_close_to_allow_a_previous_install ation_attempt_to_complete
    > > Please_restart..22_on_Vista

    > > was found while looking for something else:
    > >https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...+close+%22X%22

    > I found what my problem was.
    > After uninstalling all the plugins then uninstalling firefox, I then
    > reinstalled Firefox. First I put in googlebar, that worked, then put in
    > mouse gestures, that worked, then foxmarks, that worked.... Then I put
    > Netcraft toolbar back in and all of a sudden googlebar and mouse
    > gestures stopped working. So I immediately got rid of the netcraft bar
    > and everything started working again.
    >
    > So if you use Netcraft bar and you're having problems, try uninstalling it.

    Nothing to do with the netcraft toolbar for me, I don't have it.
    Running XPSP2 and FF2.0.0.5, none of my extensions or themes work, and
    they all say 'this add on will be installed the next time firefox is
    restarted.' They've been saying that for weeks now. I'm reinstalling,
    or downgrading to 2.0.0.4.

+ Reply to Thread