How do I download favicons? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I download favicons? - Mozilla ; IE allows the downloading of icons for links by using a program called "FavOrg.exe". Is there a similar one for Firefox? Please help....

  1. How do I download favicons?

    IE allows the downloading of icons for links
    by using a program called "FavOrg.exe".

    Is there a similar one for Firefox?

    Please help.

  2. Re: How do I download favicons?

    On 7/17/2007 8:09 PM , Thunderbird leader Frank Martin by teletype
    announce :
    > IE allows the downloading of icons for links
    > by using a program called "FavOrg.exe".
    >
    > Is there a similar one for Firefox?
    >
    > Please help.

    If the site has a favicon available, and it is properly coded in the
    markup, Fx will automatically download it and add it to a bookmark,
    assuming you bookmarked the site. Otherwise it can make temporary use
    of it and discard the image when you close the visited page.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

  3. Re: How do I download favicons?

    17 Jul 2007,"Ron K." in

    > On 7/17/2007 8:09 PM , Thunderbird leader Frank Martin by teletype
    > announce :
    >> IE allows the downloading of icons for links
    >> by using a program called "FavOrg.exe".

    am-deadlink has some kind of favicon fetching feature that i never tried.

    >> Is there a similar one for Firefox?
    >>
    >> Please help.

    individually:
    right click on whitespace>page info, media tab.

    you could also write a bookmarkklet to try to load
    http://ww.sitename.com/favicon.ico

    > If the site has a favicon available, and it is properly coded in
    > the markup, Fx will automatically download it and add it to a
    > bookmark, assuming you bookmarked the site. Otherwise it can make
    > temporary use of it and discard the image when you close the
    > visited page.

    could probably open bookmarks,html in text editor,reduce it to the base64 whaever
    line for the icons. would be time consuming.

    --
    http://users.tkk.fi/~tsknorri/google.html Google URL Stripper

  4. Re: How do I download favicons?

    Splibbilla wrote:
    > 17 Jul 2007,"Ron K." in
    >
    >> On 7/17/2007 8:09 PM , Thunderbird leader Frank Martin by teletype
    >> announce :
    >>> IE allows the downloading of icons for links
    >>> by using a program called "FavOrg.exe".

    > am-deadlink has some kind of favicon fetching feature that i never tried.
    >
    >>> Is there a similar one for Firefox?
    >>>
    >>> Please help.

    > individually:
    > right click on whitespace>page info, media tab.
    >
    > you could also write a bookmarkklet to try to load
    > http://ww.sitename.com/favicon.ico

    save that icon [.ico] to your hard drive, then use the
    favicon picker to save it to your bookmarks:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...icker&status=4

    bookmarklet: I can't find one. Perhaps you have one.

    >> If the site has a favicon available, and it is properly coded in
    >> the markup, Fx will automatically download it and add it to a
    >> bookmark, assuming you bookmarked the site. Otherwise it can make
    >> temporary use of it and discard the image when you close the
    >> visited page.

    > could probably open bookmarks,html in text editor,reduce it to the base64 whaever
    > line for the icons. would be time consuming.

    yes, very time consuming

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: How do I download favicons?

    In ,
    Splibbilla wrote:

    >you could also write a bookmarkklet to try to load
    >http://ww.sitename.com/favicon.ico

    javascript:window.open('/favicon.ico','_self');

  6. Re: How do I download favicons?

    Try AM-DeadLink - Download FavIcons and detect dead Browser Bookmarks
    found at http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm

    Frank Martin wrote:
    > IE allows the downloading of icons for links
    > by using a program called "FavOrg.exe".
    >
    > Is there a similar one for Firefox?
    >
    > Please help.

+ Reply to Thread