Yahoo! Games Problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Yahoo! Games Problem - Mozilla ; I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can help. If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the ...

  1. Yahoo! Games Problem

    I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can
    help.

    If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from
    Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the
    task manager.

    It used to be if my connection was interrupted, either by my logging
    off the internet, or timing out of the lobby (which happens if you're
    inactive for 40 minutes), all I had to do was refresh the page. Now,
    anything I try locks everything up. It won't refresh, and I can't
    close the tab, either. Trying to exit out of FF doesn't work either
    -- the window closes, but firefox.exe is still running.

    Does anyone know -- is this a FF problem or a Java problem? I really
    have no idea where to start, but I'm sure killing FF all the time
    isn't the best solution. :-)

  2. Re: Yahoo! Games Problem

    BlueBrooke wrote:
    > I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can
    > help.
    >
    > If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from
    > Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the
    > task manager.
    >
    > It used to be if my connection was interrupted, either by my logging
    > off the internet, or timing out of the lobby (which happens if you're
    > inactive for 40 minutes), all I had to do was refresh the page. Now,
    > anything I try locks everything up. It won't refresh, and I can't
    > close the tab, either. Trying to exit out of FF doesn't work either
    > -- the window closes, but firefox.exe is still running.
    >
    > Does anyone know -- is this a FF problem or a Java problem? I really
    > have no idea where to start, but I'm sure killing FF all the time
    > isn't the best solution. :-)

    I've had similar experiences recently but Firefox wasn't crashing: it
    just hung up for about 5 minutes, then it would respond normally again
    and act like if nothing happened. If it crashed you'd get an error
    message but so far you don't seem to have received any. It all points to
    a Java 6u1 & Java 6u2 problem.

  3. Re: Yahoo! Games Problem

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:53:11 -0300, "Andrés M."
    wrote:

    >BlueBrooke wrote:
    >> I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can
    >> help.
    >>
    >> If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from
    >> Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the
    >> task manager.
    >>
    >> It used to be if my connection was interrupted, either by my logging
    >> off the internet, or timing out of the lobby (which happens if you're
    >> inactive for 40 minutes), all I had to do was refresh the page. Now,
    >> anything I try locks everything up. It won't refresh, and I can't
    >> close the tab, either. Trying to exit out of FF doesn't work either
    >> -- the window closes, but firefox.exe is still running.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know -- is this a FF problem or a Java problem? I really
    >> have no idea where to start, but I'm sure killing FF all the time
    >> isn't the best solution. :-)
    >>

    >I've had similar experiences recently but Firefox wasn't crashing: it
    >just hung up for about 5 minutes, then it would respond normally again
    >and act like if nothing happened. If it crashed you'd get an error
    >message but so far you don't seem to have received any. It all points to
    >a Java 6u1 & Java 6u2 problem.

    Ah -- good point, thank you. I admit when it happens I'm usually
    under a time crunch and can't wait for it to work itself out. But
    I'll try that next time. Thank you!

  4. Re: Yahoo! Games Problem

    wrote:

    >BlueBrooke wrote:
    >> I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can
    >> help.
    >>
    >> If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from
    >> Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the
    >> task manager.
    >>
    >> It used to be if my connection was interrupted, either by my logging
    >> off the internet, or timing out of the lobby (which happens if you're
    >> inactive for 40 minutes), all I had to do was refresh the page. Now,
    >> anything I try locks everything up. It won't refresh, and I can't
    >> close the tab, either. Trying to exit out of FF doesn't work either
    >> -- the window closes, but firefox.exe is still running.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know -- is this a FF problem or a Java problem? I really
    >> have no idea where to start, but I'm sure killing FF all the time
    >> isn't the best solution. :-)
    >>

    >I've had similar experiences recently but Firefox wasn't crashing: it
    >just hung up for about 5 minutes, then it would respond normally again
    >and act like if nothing happened. If it crashed you'd get an error
    >message but so far you don't seem to have received any. It all points to
    >a Java 6u1 & Java 6u2 problem.

    As I anticipated (and hoped), I have not had this problem *one time*
    since I posted this message. I never have to go to the dentist,
    either. A simple call for an appointment always cures any toothache.
    ;-)

  5. Re: Yahoo! Games Problem

    BlueBrooke wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:53:11 -0300, "Andrés M."
    > wrote:
    >
    >> BlueBrooke wrote:
    >>> I'm having a problem with 2.0.0.4 crashing and I'm hoping you guys can
    >>> help.
    >>>
    >>> If I my connection gets interrupted, trying to refresh a lobby from
    >>> Yahoo! games causes FF 2.0.0.4 to crash. I have to kill it from the
    >>> task manager.
    >>>
    >>> It used to be if my connection was interrupted, either by my logging
    >>> off the internet, or timing out of the lobby (which happens if you're
    >>> inactive for 40 minutes), all I had to do was refresh the page. Now,
    >>> anything I try locks everything up. It won't refresh, and I can't
    >>> close the tab, either. Trying to exit out of FF doesn't work either
    >>> -- the window closes, but firefox.exe is still running.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know -- is this a FF problem or a Java problem? I really
    >>> have no idea where to start, but I'm sure killing FF all the time
    >>> isn't the best solution. :-)
    >>>

    >> I've had similar experiences recently but Firefox wasn't crashing: it
    >> just hung up for about 5 minutes, then it would respond normally again
    >> and act like if nothing happened. If it crashed you'd get an error
    >> message but so far you don't seem to have received any. It all points to
    >> a Java 6u1 & Java 6u2 problem.

    > As I anticipated (and hoped), I have not had this problem *one time*
    > since I posted this message. I never have to go to the dentist,
    > either. A simple call for an appointment always cures any toothache.
    > ;-)

    *Laugh* good point!

+ Reply to Thread