Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do - Mozilla ; The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be? Even more bizarre: this is a new domain ...

  1. Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE
    and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?

    Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    domain showing the identical files on the same server that have always
    been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.

    When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is used,
    the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new url
    http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox does not
    see the counter which the other browsers have no problem with. Why
    would that be and how do I fix it?

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    Jeff wrote:
    > The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    > visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE
    > and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >
    > Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    > domain showing the identical files on the same server that have always
    > been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    > They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >
    > When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is used,
    > the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new url
    > http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox does not
    > see the counter which the other browsers have no problem with. Why
    > would that be and how do I fix it?

    Do you have some Add-ons that might block it? If not, try pressing
    ctrl+F5 on that page and see if the counter appears.

  3. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    Jeff wrote:
    > The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    > visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE
    > and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >
    > Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    > domain showing the identical files on the same server that have always
    > been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    > They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >
    > When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is used,
    > the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new url
    > http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox does not
    > see the counter which the other browsers have no problem with. Why
    > would that be and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jeff

    I can see the counter perfectly so it must be some extension blocking it.

  4. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    "Aggro" wrote in message
    news:ZOydnbkgoJ6i7QvbnZ2dnUVZ_sDinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Jeff wrote:
    >> The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    >> visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE
    >> and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >>
    >> Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous domain
    >> showing the identical files on the same server that have always been
    >> present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    >> They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >>
    >> When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is used,
    >> the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new url
    >> http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox does not
    >> see the counter which the other browsers have no problem with. Why would
    >> that be and how do I fix it?

    > Do you have some Add-ons that might block it? If not, try pressing ctrl+F5
    > on that page and see if the counter appears.

    I see it in Firefox, Netscape, Opera, IE7, TheWorld, and Avant.

  5. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    "Andrés M." wrote:
    > Jeff wrote:
    >> The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    >> visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly
    >> in IE and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >>
    >> Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    >> domain showing the identical files on the same server that have
    >> always been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    >> They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >>
    >> When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is
    >> used, the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new
    >> url http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox
    >> does not see the counter which the other browsers have no problem
    >> with. Why would that be and how do I fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > I can see the counter perfectly so it must be some extension blocking
    > it.

    Thank you all. It was my Noscript extension that was blocking it. I had
    forgotten about it.

    Sorry to have bothered you.

    Jeff

  6. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    Jeff wrote:
    > The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    > visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly in IE
    > and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >
    > Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    > domain showing the identical files on the same server that have always
    > been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    > They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >
    > When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is used,
    > the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new url
    > http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox does not
    > see the counter which the other browsers have no problem with. Why
    > would that be and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jeff

    Are you using Adblock or Adblock Plus?

  7. Re: Firefox does not show counter which IE and Opera do

    EE wrote:
    > Jeff wrote:
    >> The website http://www.sephardicgen.com/ contains a counter to count
    >> visitors to the webpage. The counter appears and updates correctly
    >> in IE and Opera - but not in Firefox 2. Why would that be?
    >>
    >> Even more bizarre: this is a new domain that points to my previous
    >> domain showing the identical files on the same server that have
    >> always been present as http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm
    >> They are the same files on the same server, not duplicate files.
    >>
    >> When the older url http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm is
    >> used, the counter appears in both IE and Firefox, but when the new
    >> url http://www.sephardicgen.com/ I am switching to is used, Firefox
    >> does not see the counter which the other browsers have no problem
    >> with. Why would that be and how do I fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > Are you using Adblock or Adblock Plus?

    It was "Noscript". I always forget that one!!

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread