Windows Streaming Media - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Windows Streaming Media - Mozilla ; The Distant Roads video in Windows Media on this page www.fortvictoria.ca works in IE but not FF. The RealPlayer works in both browsers. Any ideas?...

  1. Windows Streaming Media

    The Distant Roads video in Windows Media on this page www.fortvictoria.ca
    works in IE but not FF. The RealPlayer works in both browsers. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Windows Streaming Media

    Martin Knight wrote:
    > The Distant Roads video in Windows Media on this page www.fortvictoria.ca
    > works in IE but not FF. The RealPlayer works in both browsers. Any ideas?

    The .wmv file works for me. I use the MediaPlayer Connectivity
    extension with the player Media Player Classic. That extension is
    great. It makes it easy to view many types of media.

  3. Re: Windows Streaming Media

    Martin Knight wrote:
    > The Distant Roads video in Windows Media on this page www.fortvictoria.ca
    > works in IE but not FF. The RealPlayer works in both browsers. Any ideas?

    It appears to be a problem of poor coding. FF will play video
    via the asx file if the mimetype is either video/x-ms-asf-plugin
    or application/x-mplayer2 or video/x-ms-asf.

    In this instance, it is coming through as text.

+ Reply to Thread