Emptying the cache - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Emptying the cache - Mozilla ; I've started having problems with using the online bill paying feature of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the first thing I should do is clear the cache. They included instructions for Internet Explorer, ...

  1. Emptying the cache

    I've started having problems with using the online bill paying feature
    of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the first
    thing I should do is clear the cache. They included instructions for
    Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL -- but not Firefox.

    Firefox's help tells me how to change cache settings, but that's it.

    How do you clear the cache in Firefox? Tools...Options has an button to
    clear 'private data.' What is that?

  2. Re: Emptying the cache

    * Ernie Lane wrote:
    > I've started having problems with using the online bill paying feature
    > of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the first
    > thing I should do is clear the cache. They included instructions for
    > Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL -- but not Firefox.
    >
    > Firefox's help tells me how to change cache settings, but that's it.
    >
    > How do you clear the cache in Firefox? Tools...Options has an button to
    > clear 'private data.' What is that?

    Options/Advanced/Cache/clear now

  3. Re: Emptying the cache

    Miles wrote:
    > * Ernie Lane wrote:
    >> I've started having problems with using the online bill paying feature
    >> of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the first
    >> thing I should do is clear the cache. They included instructions for
    >> Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL -- but not Firefox.
    >>
    >> Firefox's help tells me how to change cache settings, but that's it.
    >>
    >> How do you clear the cache in Firefox? Tools...Options has an button
    >> to clear 'private data.' What is that?

    > Options/Advanced/Cache/clear now

    Thanks. I never would have thought to look on the 'network' tab.

  4. Re: Emptying the cache

    * Ernie Lane wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> * Ernie Lane wrote:
    >>> I've started having problems with using the online bill paying
    >>> feature of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the
    >>> first thing I should do is clear the cache. They included
    >>> instructions for Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL --
    >>> but not Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> Firefox's help tells me how to change cache settings, but that's it.
    >>>
    >>> How do you clear the cache in Firefox? Tools...Options has an button
    >>> to clear 'private data.' What is that?

    >> Options/Advanced/Cache/clear now

    > Thanks. I never would have thought to look on the 'network' tab.

    Whoops, sorry, I didn't include "network," it auto opened to that tab
    where it was prior.

  5. Re: Emptying the cache

    Ernie Lane wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> * Ernie Lane wrote:
    >>> I've started having problems with using the online bill paying
    >>> feature of my bank. I asked them about it, and they told me that the
    >>> first thing I should do is clear the cache. They included
    >>> instructions for Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL --
    >>> but not Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> Firefox's help tells me how to change cache settings, but that's it.
    >>>
    >>> How do you clear the cache in Firefox? Tools...Options has an button
    >>> to clear 'private data.' What is that?

    >> Options/Advanced/Cache/clear now

    > Thanks. I never would have thought to look on the 'network' tab.

    And occasionally the cache directory of Folder actually get corrupted.
    Locate the Cache Directory (Folder) in the FF Profile deep six to Trash
    (trash Bin) and then empty. Open FF and it rebuild it automatically