Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem - Mozilla ; hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net . it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem

    hi;
    my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
    this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
    left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
    jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
    this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem

    math wrote:
    > hi;
    > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
    > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
    > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
    > jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
    > this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..

    Easy solution: Don't use frames.

    Frames cause you several different problems and about a dozen problem to
    the users (even those using IE, Opera and other browsers).
    http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html

    Frames don't give you any advantage on that site, only problems. You
    seem to have php support there, so there really isn't any reason why you
    should use frames. It is eventually even less work if you just get rid
    of them now, instead of fighting years against the problems they cause.

    I have done web sites for several years at work and I also used frames
    when I was new on the field. It actually took years before I understood
    that frames give you so much trouble that you should avoid them at all
    costs. And I don't know anyone who has been as long on the field as I
    have, who would use or like frames.

    So if you want to save yourself some work, trust those who had to learn
    it the hard way.

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 session problem

    Aggro wrote:
    > math wrote:
    >> hi;
    >> my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to
    >> this site and server create a session. user click any subject from
    >> left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when
    >> jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load.
    >> this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc..

    > Easy solution: Don't use frames.
    >
    > Frames cause you several different problems and about a dozen problem to
    > the users (even those using IE, Opera and other browsers).
    > http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html
    >
    > Frames don't give you any advantage on that site, only problems. You
    > seem to have php support there, so there really isn't any reason why you
    > should use frames. It is eventually even less work if you just get rid
    > of them now, instead of fighting years against the problems they cause.
    >
    > I have done web sites for several years at work and I also used frames
    > when I was new on the field. It actually took years before I understood
    > that frames give you so much trouble that you should avoid them at all
    > costs. And I don't know anyone who has been as long on the field as I
    > have, who would use or like frames.
    >
    > So if you want to save yourself some work, trust those who had to learn
    > it the hard way.

    I can see another problem with pages 2 & 3. Both have a
    googlesyndication ad on them. My experience with googlesyndication
    javascript ads is that they cause problems with page loading. I block
    them. I had no problems with those pages because of that fact.

+ Reply to Thread