Recovering session after exiting browser - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Recovering session after exiting browser - Mozilla ; I was surfing the web with Firefox 2.0.0.4* over a period of days and had quite a few windows/tabs open. Then, just a little while ago, Windows Update finished up installing whatever it had to install and asked that I ...

  1. Recovering session after exiting browser

    I was surfing the web with Firefox 2.0.0.4* over a period of days and
    had quite a few windows/tabs open. Then, just a little while ago,
    Windows Update finished up installing whatever it had to install and
    asked that I reboot. Before I clicked on the button in that prompt,
    however, I went to FX and File > Exit'ed out. I don't know why I did
    that, but after my PC restarted and I opened FX, I realized the
    browser did not ask me if I wanted to restore my old session as it
    does when, e.g., I have to close it with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

    I have learned my lesson and am sure this won't happen again
    (bookmarking seems so obvious in retrospect...). But for now I've lost
    quite a few tabs and windows in the bowels of my History. So I was
    thinking: Since FX does have that "Restore last session" feature, it
    must store that data somewhere...would it be possible to locate that
    data somewhere on my hard drive?

    Thanks in advance.

    ----------
    * Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/
    20070515

  2. Re: Recovering session after exiting browser

    SatsumaHouse wrote:
    > I was surfing the web with Firefox 2.0.0.4* over a period of days and
    > had quite a few windows/tabs open. Then, just a little while ago,
    > Windows Update finished up installing whatever it had to install and
    > asked that I reboot. Before I clicked on the button in that prompt,
    > however, I went to FX and File > Exit'ed out. I don't know why I did
    > that, but after my PC restarted and I opened FX, I realized the
    > browser did not ask me if I wanted to restore my old session as it
    > does when, e.g., I have to close it with Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    >
    > I have learned my lesson and am sure this won't happen again
    > (bookmarking seems so obvious in retrospect...). But for now I've lost
    > quite a few tabs and windows in the bowels of my History. So I was
    > thinking: Since FX does have that "Restore last session" feature, it
    > must store that data somewhere...would it be possible to locate that
    > data somewhere on my hard drive?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > ----------
    > * Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/
    > 20070515

    If the restore feature is not enabled, I'm not sure Firefox stores the data.

    There are two different possible session-restored features for Firefox 2:

    - the builtin one (in plain-vanilla Firefox) set at the same place in the
    prefs as your homepage

    - the one in the Tab Mix Plus extension, which is much more powerful; that's
    the one I use. YMMV.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
    once a year.

+ Reply to Thread