proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ? - Mozilla ; I've been using Firefox purely for testing web content I create, so I usually have a proxy set to 127.0.0.1 port 8888 so I can see the web traffic on Fiddler. This means that if I start up Firefox without ...

  1. proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ?

    I've been using Firefox purely for testing web content I create, so I
    usually have a proxy set to 127.0.0.1 port 8888 so I can see the web
    traffic on Fiddler. This means that if I start up Firefox without
    Fiddler running, then it gets no response.

    What I'd like to know is whether there's an easier way of setting and
    un-setting the http proxy. Going into the tools-options-network-manual
    proxy menu can be tedious and I'd like to just doubleclick on one of a
    pair of .reg files that toggle it on/off. Or is there another quick way
    of doing it?

    If I can get this working the way I like it then I can switch to Firefox
    as my default browser.

    ~dd

  2. Re: proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ?

    In ,
    d d wrote:

    >What I'd like to know is whether there's an easier way of setting and
    >un-setting the http proxy. Going into the tools-options-network-manual
    >proxy menu can be tedious and I'd like to just doubleclick on one of a
    >pair of .reg files that toggle it on/off. Or is there another quick
    >way of doing it?

    Switchproxy Tool

    It comes with its own toolbar, which I leave undisplayed. I use the
    pull-down you can add to the main toolbar, and switching between
    proxies (or no proxy) is just a matter of selecting it.

  3. Re: proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ?

    d d wrote:
    > I've been using Firefox purely for testing web content I create, so I
    > usually have a proxy set to 127.0.0.1 port 8888 so I can see the web
    > traffic on Fiddler. This means that if I start up Firefox without
    > Fiddler running, then it gets no response.
    >
    > What I'd like to know is whether there's an easier way of setting and
    > un-setting the http proxy. Going into the tools-options-network-manual
    > proxy menu can be tedious and I'd like to just doubleclick on one of a
    > pair of .reg files that toggle it on/off. Or is there another quick way
    > of doing it?
    >
    > If I can get this working the way I like it then I can switch to Firefox
    > as my default browser.
    >
    > ~dd

  4. Re: proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ?

    Redhat71 wrote:

    Thanks a lot Redhat71, that's perfect. That little "P" in the statusbar
    (green for proxy enabled, gray for disabled) is exactly what I need :-)

    ~dd

  5. Re: proxy server, is that in a config file or the registry ?

    Q wrote:
    > Switchproxy Tool
    >
    > It comes with its own toolbar, which I leave undisplayed. I use the
    > pull-down you can add to the main toolbar, and switching between
    > proxies (or no proxy) is just a matter of selecting it.

    Thanks Q, that would have done the job nicely, but it does what I need
    and more (hence it's own full toolbar). The one RedHat71 suggested is
    exactly all I need (a toggle on/off) and it squeezes itself into the
    status bar. I'll try and remember this one as it may come in handy in
    future. :-)

    ~dd

+ Reply to Thread