Firefox problems with Vista, maybe StumbleUpon - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox problems with Vista, maybe StumbleUpon - Mozilla ; I recently got a new laptop, complete with Windows Vista Home Premium, and the first thing I did once I got it up and going was install Firefox as well as the StumbleUpon toolbar. There's been only one problem for ...

  1. Firefox problems with Vista, maybe StumbleUpon

    I recently got a new laptop, complete with Windows Vista Home Premium,
    and the first thing I did once I got it up and going was install
    Firefox as well as the StumbleUpon toolbar. There's been only one
    problem for me so far, but it keeps happening.
    I'll be using the SU toolbar and clicking the "Stumble!" button to
    come up with random web pages, and every 30 pages or so, I'll get an
    error message that Windows has found a problem with Firefox, and
    Firefox needs to close, but it can never tell me what this problem
    is!
    Any suggestions on what's going on and/or how to fix it?

  2. Re: Firefox problems with Vista, maybe StumbleUpon

    MistressGunslinger@gmail.com wrote:
    > I recently got a new laptop, complete with Windows Vista Home Premium,
    > and the first thing I did once I got it up and going was install
    > Firefox as well as the StumbleUpon toolbar. There's been only one
    > problem for me so far, but it keeps happening.
    > I'll be using the SU toolbar and clicking the "Stumble!" button to
    > come up with random web pages, and every 30 pages or so, I'll get an
    > error message that Windows has found a problem with Firefox, and
    > Firefox needs to close, but it can never tell me what this problem
    > is!
    > Any suggestions on what's going on and/or how to fix it?

    My first suspection is that the problem is not related to SU, but
    instead you happen to enter a web site which uses a certain plugin
    (Java/Flash/...) which causes the browser to crash.

    If you can find out what website is causing the problems, it could most
    likely be trivial to track down what plugin is in question.

    There is also this kb article, but it doesn't help much with your case:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Firefox problems with Vista, maybe StumbleUpon

    On Jul 10, 2:59 pm, Aggro wrote:
    > MistressGunslin...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I recently got a new laptop, complete with Windows Vista Home Premium,
    > > and the first thing I did once I got it up and going was install
    > > Firefox as well as the StumbleUpon toolbar. There's been only one
    > > problem for me so far, but it keeps happening.
    > > I'll be using the SU toolbar and clicking the "Stumble!" button to
    > > come up with random web pages, and every 30 pages or so, I'll get an
    > > error message that Windows has found a problem with Firefox, and
    > > Firefox needs to close, but it can never tell me what this problem
    > > is!
    > > Any suggestions on what's going on and/or how to fix it?

    > My first suspection is that the problem is not related to SU, but
    > instead you happen to enter a web site which uses a certain plugin
    > (Java/Flash/...) which causes the browser to crash.
    >
    > If you can find out what website is causing the problems, it could most
    > likely be trivial to track down what plugin is in question.
    >
    > There is also this kb article, but it doesn't help much with your case:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes
    >
    > --
    > Solutions for issues with Firefox:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

    I've just taken receipt of a new laptop as well, and install firefox
    on it imediately. The installation had no hiccups, and launches as
    expected, but fails to locate and load a webpage; it hangs
    indefinitely after entering a URL; any tips? (suspection is not a
    word).

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread