Down arrow key movement mystery - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Down arrow key movement mystery - Mozilla ; Running FF 2.0.0.4. I don't know when but when viewing a web page the down arrow doesn't produce a smooth scroll but causes the page position to suddenly drop to the bottom of the page. The up arrow is a ...

  1. Down arrow key movement mystery

    Running FF 2.0.0.4.
    I don't know when but when viewing a web page the down arrow doesn't
    produce a smooth scroll but causes the page position to suddenly drop
    to the bottom of the page. The up arrow is a bit different in that it
    will scroll up a few lines then jump to the top of the page. The
    action isn't consistent between URLs, on some the movement is as
    expected. It doesn't happen on my wife's machine running the same
    version. This has happened on 2 keyboards now. Any ideas what could
    cause this?

    I'd appreciate help on this query

  2. Re: Down arrow key movement mystery

    Baldy wrote:
    > Running FF 2.0.0.4.
    > I don't know when but when viewing a web page the down arrow doesn't
    > produce a smooth scroll but causes the page position to suddenly drop
    > to the bottom of the page. The up arrow is a bit different in that it
    > will scroll up a few lines then jump to the top of the page. The
    > action isn't consistent between URLs, on some the movement is as
    > expected. It doesn't happen on my wife's machine running the same
    > version. This has happened on 2 keyboards now. Any ideas what could
    > cause this?
    >
    > I'd appreciate help on this query

    Try pressing once the F7 key on your wife's machine and then try
    pressing the arrow keys again.

+ Reply to Thread