Pages will not load - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Pages will not load - Mozilla ; After updateding to Firefox 2.0.0.4 my MSN home page or TWC WeatherGold personal page will not load. any suggestions? JD...

  1. Pages will not load

    After updateding to Firefox 2.0.0.4 my MSN home page or TWC
    WeatherGold personal page will not load. any suggestions?

    JD

  2. Re: Pages will not load

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Pages will not load

    On Jul 5, 10:39 am, Joel Deupree wrote:
    > After updateding toFirefox2.0.0.4my MSN home page or TWC
    > WeatherGold personal pagewillnotload. any suggestions?
    >
    > JD

    I had similar problems when updating to Firefox 2.0.0.4. I currently
    use XP Pro on my computer. My firefox was not loading web pages. One
    day it worked, and the next day, it stopped working for no apparent
    reason. I kept getting these annoying "timed out" error messages and
    had gone absolutely nuts about all of this because I tried everything
    to fix it, all to no avail. Here is what FINALLY worked for me and
    fixed my problem:

    1. I clicked on "My Computer".
    2. I clicked on "Local Disk C"
    3. I right-clicked and chose "Properties"
    4. I did a disk cleanup.
    5. I then clicked on the "Tools" tab.
    6. I then chose the first one which is "Error-checking" and clicked
    "Check Now".
    7. I shut down and restarted my computer to start the error-checking
    phase.
    8. I let the process completely run. This took about 1 hour.
    9. When Windows started, I clicked on the Firefox icon.
    10. Eureka!!! Firefox opened normally. I didn't get any "timed out"
    messages as I had before. So, I guess there was some sort of disk
    error that needed fixing, and I believe that once the little culprit
    error was fixed, all was well in the land of Firefox, and also in my
    world, as I absolutely LOVE Firefox and was very upset that something
    had gone wrong with it.

    So, I suggest you do a "scan disk" as it used to be called. As I
    previously stated, I had tried everything under the sun to fix it, and
    nothing worked. I visited every forum available on the topic, took
    everyone's advice, tried multiple fixes, and absolutely nothing worked
    until I did this simple little "scan disk". Wow! After that, I went
    ahead and defragged also. So far, so good.....................

+ Reply to Thread