Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goes to bottom of page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goes to bottom of page - Mozilla ; Hello, I'm a new OS X Firefox user and the arrow keys on my new mac do not seem to scroll through web pages correctly: The down arrow brings the browser to the bottom of the screen, and the up ...

  1. Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goes to bottom of page

    Hello,

    I'm a new OS X Firefox user and the arrow keys on my new mac do not
    seem to scroll through web pages correctly: The down arrow brings the
    browser to the bottom of the screen, and the up arrow does not work.
    Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? My Mac is a brand
    new Mac Book Pro, so I don't think its the machine.

    Thank you for any help you can provide.

  2. Re: Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goesto bottom of page

    On 30-06-2007 19:19 CET, Patrick composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a new OS X Firefox user and the arrow keys on my new mac do not
    > seem to scroll through web pages correctly: The down arrow brings the
    > browser to the bottom of the screen, and the up arrow does not work.
    > Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? My Mac is a brand
    > new Mac Book Pro, so I don't think its the machine.
    >
    > Thank you for any help you can provide.

    any particular web page?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goes to bottom of page

    > > I'm a new OS X Firefox user and the arrow keys on my new mac do not
    > > seem to scroll through web pages correctly: The down arrow brings the
    > > browser to the bottom of the screen, and the up arrow does not work.
    > > Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? My Mac is a brand
    > > new Mac Book Pro, so I don't think its the machine.

    Does F7 which toggles caret browsing on/off, makes it work, then see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm#find

    If it only happens on some pages, then there could be something
    in the coding and as Merchert indicated, we would probably need
    the url.

    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see

  4. Re: Up/Down Arrows in OS X Firefox: Up does not work, down goes to bottom of page

    On Jun 30, 5:42 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > > > I'm a new OS X Firefox user and the arrow keys on my new mac do not
    > > > seem to scroll through web pages correctly: The down arrow brings the
    > > > browser to the bottom of the screen, and the up arrow does not work.
    > > > Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? My Mac is a brand
    > > > new Mac Book Pro, so I don't think its the machine.

    > Does F7 which toggles caret browsing on/off, makes it work, then see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm#find
    >
    > If it only happens on some pages, then there could be something
    > in the coding and as Merchert indicated, we would probably need
    > the url.
    >
    > --
    > David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    > Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Guys, I figured it out: I turned off "Always use Cursor Keys to
    Navigate" It was working fines, there was simply a long lag time due
    to the cursor changing position in the screen. Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread