Site Message: our site is currently unavailable - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Site Message: our site is currently unavailable - Mozilla ; For the last 4 days I get the following message in FF2.0.0.4 from /my.myway.com/ (my start page, like my.yahoo): "Due to a technical issue, our site is currently unavailable. Please know that we are aware of the issue and hope ...

  1. Site Message: our site is currently unavailable

    For the last 4 days I get the following message in FF2.0.0.4 from
    /my.myway.com/ (my start page, like my.yahoo):

    "Due to a technical issue, our site is currently unavailable. Please
    know that we are aware of the issue and hope to have the site back up
    and running in short order. We ask that you check back later."

    I CAN get the page /myway.com/ (not my customized page).

    Here's the weird part:
    1. I do NOT get this message on my *other* two computers, each of
    which has the same version of FF;
    2. I do NOT get this message if I use IE.

    I've tried the following, to no avail:
    1. Deleting all cookies to make sure that was not the issue;
    2. Updating and running my spyware program (Spybot 1.4);
    3. Rebooting the computer;
    4. Diabling my firewall;
    5. Updating virus definitions and running the program;
    6. Allowing all popups.

    David

  2. Re: Site Message: our site is currently unavailable

    DJAckerman wrote in

    > For the last 4 days I get the following message in
    > FF2.0.0.4 from
    > /my.myway.com/ (my start page, like my.yahoo):
    >
    > "Due to a technical issue, our site is currently unavailable.
    > Please know that we are aware of the issue and hope to have
    > the site back up and running in short order. We ask that you
    > check back later."
    >
    > I CAN get the page /myway.com/ (not my customized page).
    >
    > Here's the weird part:
    > 1. I do NOT get this message on my *other* two computers,
    > each of
    > which has the same version of FF;
    > 2. I do NOT get this message if I use IE.
    >
    > I've tried the following, to no avail:
    > 1. Deleting all cookies to make sure that was not the
    > issue; 2. Updating and running my spyware program (Spybot
    > 1.4); 3. Rebooting the computer;
    > 4. Diabling my firewall;
    > 5. Updating virus definitions and running the program;
    > 6. Allowing all popups.

    Try the usual first aid: clear the cache and delete cookies
    related to the site, and try it again.

    --
    Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

    The Bionic Dog gets a hormonal short-circuit and violates the
    Mann Act with an interstate Greyhound bus.

  3. Re: Site Message: our site is currently unavailable

    Chris Jahn wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote in
    >
    >> For the last 4 days I get the following message in
    >> FF2.0.0.4 from
    >> /my.myway.com/ (my start page, like my.yahoo):
    >>
    >> "Due to a technical issue, our site is currently unavailable.
    >> Please know that we are aware of the issue and hope to have
    >> the site back up and running in short order. We ask that you
    >> check back later."
    >>
    >> I CAN get the page /myway.com/ (not my customized page).
    >>
    >> Here's the weird part:
    >> 1. I do NOT get this message on my *other* two computers,
    >> each of
    >> which has the same version of FF;
    >> 2. I do NOT get this message if I use IE.
    >>
    >> I've tried the following, to no avail:
    >> 1. Deleting all cookies to make sure that was not the
    >> issue; 2. Updating and running my spyware program (Spybot
    >> 1.4); 3. Rebooting the computer;
    >> 4. Diabling my firewall;
    >> 5. Updating virus definitions and running the program;
    >> 6. Allowing all popups.
    >>

    > Try the usual first aid: clear the cache and delete cookies
    > related to the site, and try it again.

    Thank you! Clearing the cache did the trick.
    (Tools|Options|Advanced|Cache Clear Now).

    David

+ Reply to Thread