Vista hangs while running Firefox? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Vista hangs while running Firefox? - Mozilla ; Windows Vista keeps crashing, no error message, but the mouse won't move and the keyboard won't work either? It seems to happen most when I'm using Firefox, but also when coming out of Hibernate or while the screensaver's running. I've ...

  1. Vista hangs while running Firefox?

    Windows Vista keeps crashing, no error message, but the mouse won't
    move and the keyboard won't work either?
    It seems to happen most when I'm using Firefox, but also when coming
    out of Hibernate or while the screensaver's running.

    I've got an eMachine, running Home Premium edition, with a 3.2Ghz
    processor, 1GB RAM, and a 120GB Hard drive.

  2. Re: Vista hangs while running Firefox?

    On 6/19/2007 1:45 PM On a whim, Bill Bennett pounded out on the keyboard

    > Windows Vista keeps crashing, no error message, but the mouse won't
    > move and the keyboard won't work either?
    > It seems to happen most when I'm using Firefox, but also when coming
    > out of Hibernate or while the screensaver's running.
    >
    > I've got an eMachine, running Home Premium edition, with a 3.2Ghz
    > processor, 1GB RAM, and a 120GB Hard drive.

    Hi Bill,

    If the machine is crashing at all, I doubt you can tie it to FF. I
    would suggest you contact the manufacturers support and have them deal
    with it. It could well be a buggy video driver that needs updating, or
    some other driver, bad RAM, excessive heat, etc. Once that gets
    resolved, and FF still crashes, then I'd check back here.

    Good luck,

    --
    Terry R.