Should Live Titles update automatically? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Should Live Titles update automatically? - Mozilla ; I thought automatic updating was the purpose of Live Titles. I set up a Live Title for woo.com as recommended to see how it works. I checked about 12:20AM and the title had not changed, but when I right clicked ...

  1. Should Live Titles update automatically?

    I thought automatic updating was the purpose of Live Titles. I set up a
    Live Title for woo.com as recommended to see how it works. I checked
    about 12:20AM and the title had not changed, but when I right clicked on
    the bookmark and selected "Reload Live Title" the bookmark did change to
    the new information.

    I've also tried an ebay item page. It offers a Live Title, but when it
    is saved Firefox doesn't recognize it as a Live Title. The Title is
    also malformed as ": US $377. , 7 mins 3 secs" and stores the page
    title instead. Removing the leading colon and space does store the
    current bid and time remaining, but they don't get updated and Firefox
    doesn't offer the Reload option so it isn't really recognizing it as a
    Live Title. Strange that it does when trying to save the bookmark, but
    not in the actual bookmark. I'm corresponding with ebay about this
    since I think this problem, unlike the woot problem, is at ebay's end.

    Bernie

  2. Re: Should Live Titles update automatically?

    On Jun 11, 10:36 pm, Bernie wrote:
    > I thought automatic updating was the purpose of Live Titles. I set up a
    > Live Title for woo.com as recommended to see how it works. I checked
    > about 12:20AM and the title had not changed, but when I right clicked on
    > the bookmark and selected "Reload Live Title" the bookmark did change to
    > the new information.

    I am seeing the same issue. I have written a microsummary generator to
    display the current time for a given location as a Live Title (pulled
    from google "time in location" searches).

    I have set 1 in the generator and have set the
    about:config variable "browser.bookmarks.microsummary.updateInterval"
    to 1, but the Live Title only updates when I manually "Reload Live
    Title". I have verified it not automatically refreshing for at least 4
    hours, so I'm pretty sure something's amiss.

    joelpt

+ Reply to Thread