greasemonkey won't install scripts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on greasemonkey won't install scripts - Mozilla ; latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with the same problem. Why is this ...

  1. greasemonkey won't install scripts

    latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

  2. Re: greasemonkey won't install scripts

    "lrbtav" ...
    > latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    > userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    > screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    > the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

    Was GreaseMonkey enabled? I know on some things you would
    not see the install button if GM was not enabled, but don't know if
    that is everything or just from Platypus. (you should see
    GreaseMonkey icon in color on the status bar)
    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see

  3. Re: greasemonkey won't install scripts

    lrbtav writes:

    > latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    > userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    > screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    > the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

    Works fine here: FF 2.0.0.4 Ubuntu 7.04

    --
    Carl

  4. Re: greasemonkey won't install scripts

    On Jun 4, 1:43 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "lrbtav" ...
    >
    > > latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    > > userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    > > screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    > > the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

    > Was GreaseMonkey enabled? I know on some things you would
    > not see the install button if GM was not enabled, but don't know if
    > that is everything or just from Platypus. (you should see
    > GreaseMonkey icon in color on the status bar)
    > --
    > David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    > Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Yes, GM is enabled on the laptop and desktop (both are having the same
    problem). On a third machine I use, when I click "install" button on
    usescripts.org, a pop up window appears and the installation is
    carried out. However, on my two problematic machines (laptop and
    desktop), a toolbar drops down giving me an 'install' button on the
    top right of the screen. This method does not work. Any way to fix
    this?

  5. Re: greasemonkey won't install scripts

    lrbtav wrote:
    > latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    > userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    > screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    > the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

    try asking in their groups:
    http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users

    --
    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: greasemonkey won't install scripts

    "lrbtav" wrote in message news:1181012161.631537.126490@m36g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > On Jun 4, 1:43 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > > "lrbtav" ...
    > >
    > > > latest version of FF, trying to install some scripts from
    > > > userscripts.org. I click the 'install' button on the top right of the
    > > > screen and nothing happens. This is on multiple XP machines, all with
    > > > the same problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

    > > Was GreaseMonkey enabled? I know on some things you would
    > > not see the install button if GM was not enabled, but don't know if
    > > that is everything or just from Platypus. (you should see
    > > GreaseMonkey icon in color on the status bar)
    > > --
    > > David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    > > Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    > Yes, GM is enabled on the laptop and desktop (both are having the same
    > problem). On a third machine I use, when I click "install" button on
    > usescripts.org, a pop up window appears and the installation is
    > carried out. However, on my two problematic machines (laptop and
    > desktop), a toolbar drops down giving me an 'install' button on the
    > top right of the screen. This method does not work. Any way to fix
    > this?

    Your best bet, and I know it's a pain to sign up for a forum just to
    ask one question, but go to
    http://userscripts.org/forums
    then search and ask question in " Userscripts.org discussion"
    http://userscripts.org/forums/3

    Think I found what you are looking for
    http://groups.google.com/group/greas...94bcae1ae0740b

    try toggling GreaseMonkey off/on at the status bar;
    a fix is pending; if that doesn't work watch/add to that thread.

    I often turn GM off and on so would never notice this
    after updating to 0.6.9
    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

+ Reply to Thread