Dear mozilla support team,

Thank you for you all firstly to give us such a great browser in the earth!

I use mozilla firefox every day to enjoy the internet and facilitate
my work! It is great and amazing! I also write a lot of user scripts
to finish my work automatically, which is indeed very useful and save
me a lot of time.

BUT there is a problem I encountered in my experience of using
javascript in firefox. MY JAVASCRIPT WILL STOP BY AN ALERT IF THERE IS
AN EXCEPTION. For example, if there is networking problem(usually
connection timeout), there will rise an javascript alert automatically
to say that the network has a connection timeout or a proxy error. Of
course, i don't want to see the alert in my application, even though
it is an exception, but i want to "CATCH" it without seeing it
anymore.

P.S. it is not this kind of alert by a connection problem of a whole
page can not be accessed which has a "retry" button in the page. I
know we can config it in "about:config" to disable a alert popup.
My problem is ussually caused by an AJAX request timeout.

Does firefox has a setting to disable all such kind alerts. Sometimes I can not
use a "try{}catch{}" statement in the ajax code because I could not
modified the code write by others by accessing their site.

Thank you very much for your support!

Sincerely yours,

George LIN