Version 2.0.0.4 will not load anything... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Version 2.0.0.4 will not load anything... - Mozilla ; I already read an FAQ saying that if IE will load pages and Firefox won't, the solution lies in your connection settings or firewall. Well, I've done just about all I can do with no prevail. Is there atleast a ...

  1. Version 2.0.0.4 will not load anything...

    I already read an FAQ saying that if IE will load pages and Firefox
    won't, the solution lies in your connection settings or firewall.
    Well, I've done just about all I can do with no prevail. Is there
    atleast a URL I can go to to get ahold of an older version? I'd never
    had a problem with Firefox before and figured an update wouldn't hurt
    but I was sorely mistaken.

  2. Re: Version 2.0.0.4 will not load anything...

    SpyderNutz@gmail.com wrote:
    > I already read an FAQ saying that if IE will load pages and Firefox
    > won't, the solution lies in your connection settings or firewall.
    > Well, I've done just about all I can do with no prevail.

    Close Firefox. Delete all firefox entry from firewall that you are using
    .. Now start Firefox.
    Also here is a list of configurations of firewalls
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls"

    Also see
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#Only_Mozilla_applications_a re_having_problems"

  3. Re: Version 2.0.0.4 will not load anything...

    SpyderNutz@gmail.com wrote:
    > I already read an FAQ saying that if IE will load pages and Firefox
    > won't, the solution lies in your connection settings or firewall.
    > Well, I've done just about all I can do with no prevail. Is there
    > atleast a URL I can go to to get ahold of an older version? I'd never
    > had a problem with Firefox before and figured an update wouldn't hurt
    > but I was sorely mistaken.

    FIX the problem, or you will be using that old version until you die!
    The problem lies with firewall settings. Find the application entry
    for Firefox in your firewall program, and delete it, then restart
    Firefox, and tell your firewall to allow it access.
    Lots easier than running the same old version for the rest of your life
    because your firewall was designed by idiots.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread