opening / saving .pdf files - Mozilla

This is a discussion on opening / saving .pdf files - Mozilla ; When I click on a link that's a .pdf file, the document automatically opens in Adobe reader. I haven't installed any .pdf add-ons and I'm running Windows XP Pro. Where / how do I turn on the dialog box that ...

  1. opening / saving .pdf files

    When I click on a link that's a .pdf file, the document automatically
    opens in Adobe reader. I haven't installed any .pdf add-ons and I'm
    running Windows XP Pro. Where / how do I turn on the dialog box that
    will ask whether I want to open or save the file?

    Thanks,
    --Charlene

    --
    Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouth-wash.

    email perronnellec at earthlink . net

  2. Re: opening / saving .pdf files

    Charlene Charette wrote:
    > When I click on a link that's a .pdf file, the document automatically
    > opens in Adobe reader. I haven't installed any .pdf add-ons and I'm
    > running Windows XP Pro. Where / how do I turn on the dialog box
    > that will ask whether I want to open or save the file?

    I think you should use 'PDF Download' -
    "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636"

    or
    you can goto Tools>Options>Content>Manage. Delete pdf entry. Now try
    to open a pdf link. Firefox will ask to open/save pdf. Choose any one
    option but don't select 'Remember ..." option.

  3. Re: opening / saving .pdf files

    Nir wrote:
    > Charlene Charette wrote:
    >> When I click on a link that's a .pdf file, the document automatically
    >> opens in Adobe reader. I haven't installed any .pdf add-ons and I'm
    >> running Windows XP Pro. Where / how do I turn on the dialog box that
    >> will ask whether I want to open or save the file?

    > I think you should use 'PDF Download' -
    > "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636"
    >
    > or
    > you can goto Tools>Options>Content>Manage. Delete pdf entry. Now try
    > to open a pdf link. Firefox will ask to open/save pdf. Choose any one
    > option but don't select 'Remember ..." option.

    That solved it.

    Thanks!
    --Charlene

    --
    Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouth-wash.

    email perronnellec at earthlink . net

+ Reply to Thread