i cant connect web sites. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on i cant connect web sites. - Mozilla ; hi i try to hide IP program to download megaupload's files. and now firefox was gone. i tried to connect web sites, it start to download text/vnd.wap.wml file. not one, all of them. i dont want to use IE. i ...

  1. i cant connect web sites.

    hi i try to hide IP program to download megaupload's files. and now
    firefox was gone. i tried to connect web sites, it start to download
    text/vnd.wap.wml file. not one, all of them. i dont want to use IE. i
    remove hide'ip's plug-in and program. but nothing happen. look image and
    what will i do. please tell me. ( i destroy localstore.rdf and nothing
    happen )

    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9527/ffwm1.jpg

  2. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    StyX yazmř■:
    > hi i try to hide IP program to download megaupload's files. and now
    > firefox was gone. i tried to connect web sites, it start to download
    > text/vnd.wap.wml file. not one, all of them. i dont want to use IE. i
    > remove hide'ip's plug-in and program. but nothing happen. look image and
    > what will i do. please tell me. ( i destroy localstore.rdf and nothing
    > happen )
    >
    > http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9527/ffwm1.jpg

    i tried to update some extension and it said "Download error" , i tried
    to connect forum sites, and ff start to download portal.php. FF engine
    is gone i think. but how and how i can fix it i dont know

  3. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    Sty wrote:
    > hi i try to hide IP program to download megaupload's files. and now
    > firefox was gone. i tried to connect web sites, it start to download
    > text/vnd.wap.wml file. not one, all of them. i dont want to use IE. i
    > remove hide'ip's plug-in and program. but nothing happen. look image
    > and what will i do. please tell me. ( i destroy localstore.rdf and
    > nothing happen )
    >
    > http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9527/ffwm1.jpg

    Close Firefox.
    Goto profile folder [ see "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox" ]
    Delete 'downloads.rdf' file.
    Start Firefox in safe mode [ see
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode#Windows" ]
    Same problem ?

    Also type aboutlugins in location bar , press Enter.
    Do you find that hide ip plugins listed there ?

  4. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    Nir yazm─▒┼č:
    > Sty wrote:
    >> hi i try to hide IP program to download megaupload's files. and now
    >> firefox was gone. i tried to connect web sites, it start to download
    >> text/vnd.wap.wml file. not one, all of them. i dont want to use IE. i
    >> remove hide'ip's plug-in and program. but nothing happen. look image
    >> and what will i do. please tell me. ( i destroy localstore.rdf and
    >> nothing happen )
    >>
    >> http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9527/ffwm1.jpg

    > Close Firefox.
    > Goto profile folder [ see "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox" ]
    > Delete 'downloads.rdf' file.
    > Start Firefox in safe mode [ see
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode#Windows" ]
    > Same problem ?
    >
    > Also type aboutlugins in location bar , press Enter.
    > Do you find that hide ip plugins listed there ?

    no i cant find there.but nothing happen when i delete downloads.rdf
    file. when i start ff in safe mode, it tried to download web sites, not
    open.
    when i go to ???.com/forum/portal.php
    it tried to download portal.php / i think web engine is gone.

  5. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    StyX wrote:

    > no i cant find there.but nothing happen when i delete downloads.rdf
    > file. when i start ff in safe mode, it tried to download web sites,
    > not open. when i go to ???.com/forum/portal.php it tried to download
    > portal.php / i think web engine is gone.

    create a test profile and check on it .
    To create a test profile : close firefox .goto start > run , type
    "firefox.exe" -P

    Do you get similar problem with this link ?
    "http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/"

  6. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    Nir yazm─▒┼č:
    > StyX wrote:
    >
    >> no i cant find there.but nothing happen when i delete downloads.rdf
    >> file. when i start ff in safe mode, it tried to download web sites,
    >> not open. when i go to ???.com/forum/portal.php it tried to download
    >> portal.php / i think web engine is gone.

    > create a test profile and check on it .
    > To create a test profile : close firefox .goto start > run , type
    > "firefox.exe" -P
    >
    > Do you get similar problem with this link ?
    > "http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/"

    thanks a lot. now i connect, but how can i get my plugins, themes,
    bookmarks etc.

  7. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    StyX wrote:
    > now i connect, but how can i get my plugins, themes, bookmarks etc.

    You can try anyone of two methods :

    1.migrate these files from old profile folder to new profile when
    firefox is closed:
    bookmarks.html
    cert8.db
    chrome/userChrome.css and chrome/userContent.css (if they exist)
    cookies.txt
    formhistory.dat
    key3.db
    signons2.txt
    history.dat
    hostperm.1
    extensions folder
    prefs.js ( backup prefs.js in new profile first )
    Now start with new profile.

    2.Just move 'mimeTypes.rdf' from old profile when
    firefox is closed. Start firefox with old profile
    and check.

  8. Re: i cant connect web sites.

    Nir yazm─▒┼č:
    > StyX wrote:
    >> now i connect, but how can i get my plugins, themes, bookmarks etc.

    > You can try anyone of two methods :
    >
    > 1.migrate these files from old profile folder to new profile when
    > firefox is closed:
    > bookmarks.html
    > cert8.db
    > chrome/userChrome.css and chrome/userContent.css (if they exist)
    > cookies.txt
    > formhistory.dat
    > key3.db
    > signons2.txt
    > history.dat
    > hostperm.1
    > extensions folder
    > prefs.js ( backup prefs.js in new profile first )
    > Now start with new profile.
    >
    > 2.Just move 'mimeTypes.rdf' from old profile when
    > firefox is closed. Start firefox with old profile
    > and check.

    Thanks a lot. i love FF

+ Reply to Thread