Firefox 2.0.0.3 freezing for seconds at a time.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.3 freezing for seconds at a time.... - Mozilla ; A number of users at my company use Firefox 2.0.0.3. When navigating, scrolling or doing other Firefox tasks, Firefox will pause, stall or 'hang' for 2 or 3 seconds, and then continue on what it was doing. The whole computer ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.3 freezing for seconds at a time....

    A number of users at my company use Firefox 2.0.0.3. When navigating,
    scrolling or doing other Firefox tasks, Firefox will pause, stall or
    'hang' for 2 or 3 seconds, and then continue on what it was doing.
    The whole computer does not freeze, just Firefox. If you watch the
    Windows Task Manager our corporate AV - Panda Clientshield will peg at
    about 75% CPU usage. As soon as its done, Firefox is OK again for a
    minute or so and then it repeats. The Panda version is the most
    recent - with support for Vista.

    Is there a known fix or workaround for this? It did not seem to
    affect our test Vista machine with the same Firefox and AV on it, just
    the XP Pro boxes.

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.3 freezing for seconds at a time....

    On May 25, 5:52 pm, pei_...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > A number of users at my company use Firefox 2.0.0.3. When navigating,
    > scrolling or doing other Firefox tasks, Firefox will pause, stall or
    > 'hang' for 2 or 3 seconds, and then continue on what it was doing.
    > The whole computer does not freeze, just Firefox. If you watch the
    > Windows Task Manager our corporate AV - Panda Clientshield will peg at
    > about 75% CPU usage. As soon as its done, Firefox is OK again for a
    > minute or so and then it repeats. The Panda version is the most
    > recent - with support for Vista.
    >
    > Is there a known fix or workaround for this? It did not seem to
    > affect our test Vista machine with the same Firefox and AV on it, just
    > the XP Pro boxes.

    deleted my profile, made a new blank folder in profiles called
    "default" edited profile.ini to match, copied my passwords across.
    that fixed it.

+ Reply to Thread