missing images - Mozilla

This is a discussion on missing images - Mozilla ; Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can, unfortunartely, be seen using Iinternet Explorer? An example: http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL Or am I doing something wrong? IM mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk...

  1. missing images

    Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can, unfortunartely, be
    seen using Iinternet Explorer?

    An example:
    http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL

    Or am I doing something wrong?

    IM
    mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk

  2. Re: missing images

    On 15/05/2007 13:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused iain meek to
    generate the following:? :
    > Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can, unfortunartely, be
    > seen using Iinternet Explorer?
    >
    > An example:
    > http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL
    >
    > Or am I doing something wrong?
    >
    > IM
    > mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk

    I could say that, as I see no images I can't say if they are missing
    :-P but - the map certainly doesn't show here on FF 1.5.0.9 with all
    possibilities allowed (Java, JS, Popups, Images etc)

    reg

  3. Re: missing images

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 15/05/2007 13:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused iain meek to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can,
    >> unfortunartely, be seen using Iinternet Explorer?
    >>
    >> An example:
    >> http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL
    >>

    >> Or am I doing something wrong?
    >>
    >> IM
    >> mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk
    >>

    > I could say that, as I see no images I can't say if they are missing
    > :-P but - the map certainly doesn't show here on FF 1.5.0.9 with all
    > possibilities allowed (Java, JS, Popups, Images etc)
    >
    > reg

    Page is poorly coded to begin with
    35 errors
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...03003%2FDETAIL

  4. Re: missing images

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 15/05/2007 13:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused iain meek to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can,
    >> unfortunartely, be seen using Iinternet Explorer?
    >>
    >> An example:
    >> http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL
    >>

    >> Or am I doing something wrong?
    >>
    >> IM
    >> mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk
    >>

    > I could say that, as I see no images I can't say if they are missing
    > :-P but - the map certainly doesn't show here on FF 1.5.0.9 with all
    > possibilities allowed (Java, JS, Popups, Images etc)
    >
    > reg

    I do not see the map, or any other image.

  5. Re: missing images

    Good afternoon Iain;

    "iain meek" wrote in message
    news:2uqdnTYik8dJBNTbnZ2dnUVZ_qSrnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Does anyone else have problems seeing images which can, unfortunartely, be
    > seen using Iinternet Explorer?
    >
    > An example:
    > http://publicaccess.sevenoaks.gov.uk...6/03003/DETAIL
    >
    > Or am I doing something wrong?
    >
    > IM
    > mozilla@meek.demon.co.uk

    I don't know if you're doing something, but I ran the web page through a
    validator and it found some errors. Above that, the source code is a visual
    mess thus finding problems is made all the more difficult.

    I tried, but I could not understand why HEIGHT=100% is used to define a
    row height. As a rule, percentages define amount of screen width.

    Chances are the page works in Internet Explorer because it is more
    forgiving of errors.

    Cheers,
    John

+ Reply to Thread