Scrollbar width - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Scrollbar width - Mozilla ; Attempting to increase the width of the vertical scrollbar as well as the size of the buttons on both ends (in both TB2 and FF2). Have put this into the userContent.css: scrollbarbutton { width: 15px !important; height: 20px !important; } ...

  1. Scrollbar width

    Attempting to increase the width of the vertical scrollbar as well as
    the size of the buttons on both ends (in both TB2 and FF2). Have put
    this into the userContent.css:

    scrollbarbutton {
    width: 15px !important;
    height: 20px !important;
    }

    This causes two irregularities:
    1) Vertical bar, 1-1/2 buttons are seen instead of one which I
    can live with as they apparently are actually a longer button,
    regardless of appearance. Is there a way to avoid this?

    2) This also changes the horizontal scrollbar and makes it too wide.
    I've reduced the width to 15px as seen, but guess the 20 button height
    dictates. First tried 25px height but that caused two scrollbars and
    which is too wide. So set it down to 20px which is better, but still
    seeing 1-1/2 bars across the bottom.

    Additionally, what needs to be incorporated into the .css statement so
    it will address the vertical bar only, and not the horizontal? tried
    adding, "[orient="vertical"] to the first line following
    "scrollbarbutton" but that changed the buttons both vertical and
    horizontal back to normal length.

    Miles

  2. Re: Scrollbar width

    * Miles wrote:
    > Attempting to increase the width of the vertical scrollbar as well as
    > the size of the buttons on both ends (in both TB2 and FF2). Have put
    > this into the userContent.css:
    >
    > scrollbarbutton {
    > width: 15px !important;
    > height: 20px !important;
    > }
    >
    > This causes two irregularities:
    > 1) Vertical bar, 1-1/2 buttons are seen instead of one which I
    > can live with as they apparently are actually a longer button,
    > regardless of appearance. Is there a way to avoid this?
    >
    > 2) This also changes the horizontal scrollbar and makes it too wide.
    > I've reduced the width to 15px as seen, but guess the 20 button height
    > dictates. First tried 25px height but that caused two scrollbars and
    > which is too wide. So set it down to 20px which is better, but still
    > seeing 1-1/2 bars across the bottom.
    >
    > Additionally, what needs to be incorporated into the .css statement so
    > it will address the vertical bar only, and not the horizontal? tried
    > adding, "[orient="vertical"] to the first line following
    > "scrollbarbutton" but that changed the buttons both vertical and
    > horizontal back to normal length.
    >
    > Miles

    This has been answered in the NG Mozilla.general and the .css statement
    works fine in FF, but incomplete in TB.
    Miles

+ Reply to Thread