    Server: iol102 (amazon.imdb.com)(amazon.imdb.com)
    Date: Fri Apr 27 13:49:20 2007
    IP: 64.81.245.74
    Browser: browser leakage: bad security practice; access denied
    Cookie: id=Gy7Fr2ujA01TFbtjX0sMyg9f3hA8qJ4QHLh0JoyOyMCq2J4 QOyp45xvuWIbaftg0Oug+9qyonjavm41wP4vdMyuOfrBMqJ4QG kg+BPyonjbaX7hgOj55kuqNaVb8TgjGfItowJr4nhA66/2DvC6tMyyonnCc+N4gM=; uu=BS0zfBPOoL6nhMkTGprDswbgoKz11tb6BYRlmVZ2pbkVlcV 5ZcX12OXmdmjUNaWJVnalyXBQQIyApnatYVQwDSGQEGzjg+Zak uLGWiLiJloiMuJvMjKz3hZ2E84VhDWJRcQ12UW1lBmFRZZaxaV FeZXFxYmW1nZappb2+gbW8GxFRZb6BYWF3DCFlflAwLV5leD1u QGBhaxBgOZbZtbW+iXF5elh9fW5IDZ2bVaR4KxZxtb6BE2x+o5 Ilm5m5kLw9vbW+gbW1rpGhpbKA=
    Method: GET
    Referrer:

    ============

    It _sounds_ like one of my extensions may have not liked amazon linking to imdb.
    I'm just randomly guessing right now, but it might be "NoScript", which seems to be
    adding complexity to auto-defeat Cross-Site CSS bugs. I'm just guessing that this
    may be what caused this.

    I'm not expert enough to know why this reference (amazon->imdb) is considered a
    "bad security practice". Nor did I know my browser had a leak :-).

    Anyone else seen this and have an idea of what is causing it?

    Thanks,
    Linda

  2. Re: Weird error message, anyone seen? Plugin related?

    Linda W wrote:
    > I was following a link from Amazon to imdb about a movie.
    > I ended up on an error page on "amazon.imdb.com"
    >
    > This is apparently what my browser sent to their server:
    >
    > Server: iol102 (amazon.imdb.com)(amazon.imdb.com)
    > Date: Fri Apr 27 13:49:20 2007
    > IP: 64.81.245.74
    > Browser: browser leakage: bad security practice; access denied
    > Cookie: id=Gy7Fr2ujA01TFbtjX0sMyg9f3hA8qJ4QHLh0JoyOyMCq2J4 QOyp45xvuWIbaftg0Oug+9qyonjavm41wP4vdMyuOfrBMqJ4QG kg+BPyonjbaX7hgOj55kuqNaVb8TgjGfItowJr4nhA66/2DvC6tMyyonnCc+N4gM=; uu=BS0zfBPOoL6nhMkTGprDswbgoKz11tb6BYRlmVZ2pbkVlcV 5ZcX12OXmdmjUNaWJVnalyXBQQIyApnatYVQwDSGQEGzjg+Zak uLGWiLiJloiMuJvMjKz3hZ2E84VhDWJRcQ12UW1lBmFRZZaxaV FeZXFxYmW1nZappb2+gbW8GxFRZb6BYWF3DCFlflAwLV5leD1u QGBhaxBgOZbZtbW+iXF5elh9fW5IDZ2bVaR4KxZxtb6BE2x+o5 Ilm5m5kLw9vbW+gbW1rpGhpbKA=
    > Method: GET
    > Referrer:
    >
    > ============
    >
    > It _sounds_ like one of my extensions may have not liked amazon linking to imdb.
    > I'm just randomly guessing right now, but it might be "NoScript", which seems to be
    > adding complexity to auto-defeat Cross-Site CSS bugs. I'm just guessing that this
    > may be what caused this.
    >
    > I'm not expert enough to know why this reference (amazon->imdb) is considered a
    > "bad security practice". Nor did I know my browser had a leak :-).
    >
    > Anyone else seen this and have an idea of what is causing it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Linda

    Dunno about the 'Browser leakage' line.

    I clicked the link you gave, and although I did get that page not found
    message, it did not include the 'Browser leakage ...' line.

    If I strip off the &token=... part, I get the page for "What the #$*! Do
    We (K)now!? (2004)". So it appears that the page not found error is
    related to the token.

    Have you tried it in safe mode?:
    Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread