OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ... - Mozilla ; I was playing with the OpenSearch Search Engine and wrote a simple search engine for GlassFish Issues (cf. http://weblogs.java.net/blog/km/arch...ish_issue.html ). One question I had was -- is it possible to configure the search engine plugin such that the results of ...

  1. OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ...

    I was playing with the OpenSearch Search Engine and wrote a simple
    search engine for GlassFish Issues (cf.
    http://weblogs.java.net/blog/km/arch...ish_issue.html).

    One question I had was -- is it possible to configure the search
    engine plugin such that the results of the query are *always* shown in
    a new tab? Currently, when I use the search engine plugin, it shows
    the results in the currently active tab.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ...

    "Kedar Mhaswade" ...
    > I was playing with the OpenSearch Search Engine and wrote a simple
    > search engine for GlassFish Issues (cf.
    > http://weblogs.java.net/blog/km/arch...ish_issue.html).
    >
    > One question I had was -- is it possible to configure the search
    > engine plugin such that the results of the query are *always* shown in
    > a new tab? Currently, when I use the search engine plugin, it shows
    > the results in the currently active tab.

    That is a user configuration setting:
    about:config
    browser.search.openintab boolean True
    more information:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

    I use "Add to Search Engine" extension to add a search
    engine from a search form on any web page. Much easier
    than trying to find a search engine.

    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see

  3. Re: OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ...

    On Apr 26, 12:18 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "Kedar Mhaswade" ...
    >
    > > I was playing with the OpenSearch Search Engine and wrote a simple
    > > search engine for GlassFish Issues (cf.
    > >http://weblogs.java.net/blog/km/arch...ish_issue.html).

    > > One question I had was -- is it possible to configure the search
    > > engine plugin such that the results of the query are *always* shown in
    > > a new tab? Currently, when I use the search engine plugin, it shows
    > > the results in the currently active tab.

    > That is a user configuration setting:
    > about:config
    > browser.search.openintab boolean True
    > more information:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    >
    > I use "Add to Search Engine" extension to add a search
    > engine from a search form on any web page. Much easier
    > than trying to find a search engine.
    >
    > --
    > David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    > Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Great, Thanks. How can I change the about:config setting using
    JavaScript?

  4. Re: OpenSearch Seach Engine Plugin Output ...

    Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
    > On Apr 26, 12:18 pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:

    >> That is a user configuration setting: about:config
    >> browser.search.openintab boolean True more information:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

    > Great, Thanks. How can I change the about:config setting using
    > JavaScript?

    type about:config in location bar , press Enter.
    type browser.search.openintab in filter.
    to modify its value : right click on that preference > toggle.

+ Reply to Thread