Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed on my PC - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed on my PC - Mozilla ; Hi all, I've been searching my HD and I noticed that I, apparently, have 3 versions of Firefox installed:- 1.5.0.7 2.0.0.2 2.0.0.3 I've had no issues, problems, concerns or dislikes with the latest version at all so would like to ...

  1. Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed on my PC

    Hi all,

    I've been searching my HD and I noticed that I, apparently, have 3 versions of
    Firefox installed:-

    1.5.0.7
    2.0.0.2
    2.0.0.3

    I've had no issues, problems, concerns or dislikes with the latest version at
    all so would like to unintsall the older versions.

    So here's the stupid question: Can I uninstall versions 1.5.0.7 & 2.0.0.2 and
    expect version 2.0.0.3 to carry on working as per normal?

    Many thanks

  2. Re: Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed onmy PC

    Shaun wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've been searching my HD and I noticed that I, apparently, have 3
    > versions of Firefox installed:-
    >
    > 1.5.0.7 2.0.0.2 2.0.0.3
    >
    > I've had no issues, problems, concerns or dislikes with the latest
    > version at all so would like to unintsall the older versions.
    >
    > So here's the stupid question: Can I uninstall versions 1.5.0.7 &
    > 2.0.0.2 and expect version 2.0.0.3 to carry on working as per normal?
    >

    > Many thanks

    yes you can uninstall those two versions. also before uninstall , backup
    firefox profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox"

    after uninstall , delete program folders of those two versions.

    --
    you should see "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox#On_Windows"

  3. Re: Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed onmy PC

    Nir wrote:

    > > So here's the stupid question: Can I uninstall versions 1.5.0.7 &
    > > 2.0.0.2 and expect version 2.0.0.3 to carry on working as per normal?
    > >

    > > Many thanks

    > yes you can uninstall those two versions. also before uninstall , backup
    > firefox profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox"
    >
    > after uninstall , delete program folders of those two versions.

    Cheers for that.

    I must have dome something wrong, though, as - when I tried to uninstall
    version 2.0.0.2 - it uninstalled BOTH copies of version 2. I had to re-install
    version 2.0.0.3. On the plus side, when I checked, only version 2.0.0.3 appears
    in the add/remove program menu in Control Panel now.

    Similarly, I had a problem uninstalling version 1.5.0.7. The uninstall kept
    hanging and I had to end the process each time. Finally, I got fed up and just
    deleted the program folder for version 1.5 and told the add/remove program
    utility to remove version 1.5.0.7 from the list of installed programs when it
    reported it couldn't now find the program to remove it.

    Weird but all sorted now by all accounts.

  4. Re: Stupid question regarding old versions of Fierfox installed onmyPC

    Shaun wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >>> So here's the stupid question: Can I uninstall versions 1.5.0.7 &
    >>> 2.0.0.2 and expect version 2.0.0.3 to carry on working as per normal?
    >>>

    >>> Many thanks

    >> yes you can uninstall those two versions. also before uninstall , backup
    >> firefox profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox"
    >>
    >> after uninstall , delete program folders of those two versions.

    > Cheers for that.
    >
    > I must have dome something wrong, though, as - when I tried to uninstall
    > version 2.0.0.2 - it uninstalled BOTH copies of version 2. I had to re-install
    > version 2.0.0.3. On the plus side, when I checked, only version 2.0.0.3 appears
    > in the add/remove program menu in Control Panel now.
    >
    > Similarly, I had a problem uninstalling version 1.5.0.7. The uninstall kept
    > hanging and I had to end the process each time. Finally, I got fed up and just
    > deleted the program folder for version 1.5 and told the add/remove program
    > utility to remove version 1.5.0.7 from the list of installed programs when it
    > reported it couldn't now find the program to remove it.
    >
    > Weird but all sorted now by all accounts.

    Its a bug when you allow the auto install. It often leaves a ghost
    entry in Add/Remove.

    You can delete it using Spybot S&D, in Advanced mode.

    I solved it by using a Mac.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

+ Reply to Thread