Search Bar reduced to original search engines - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Search Bar reduced to original search engines - Mozilla ; My search engines got reduced to the what looks like the original default branded search engines. I tried renaming localstore.rdf and still have the problem. Within searchplugins in my profile, I still have my 56 .XML files, each defining a ...

  1. Search Bar reduced to original search engines

    My search engines got reduced to the what looks like the
    original default branded search engines. I tried
    renaming localstore.rdf and still have the problem.

    Within searchplugins in my profile, I still have my
    56 .XML files, each defining a search engine.
    I'd like to rebuild my search bar with those that are
    in searchplugins.
    --
    Problem started by installing "Firefox Search Sidebar"
    extension, which puts a check list of all search engines.

    The really strange thing is that
    I was unsuccessful in restoring with a backup profile
    so I went back to what I have.
    --
    David McRitchie
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see

  2. Re: Search Bar reduced to original search engines

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > My search engines got reduced to the what looks like the
    > original default branded search engines. I tried
    > renaming localstore.rdf and still have the problem.
    >
    > Within searchplugins in my profile, I still have my
    > 56 .XML files, each defining a search engine.
    > I'd like to rebuild my search bar with those that are
    > in searchplugins.
    > --
    > Problem started by installing "Firefox Search Sidebar"
    > extension, which puts a check list of all search engines.
    > Those you check will be used independently with each
    > result into a separate tab. But there were only the
    > first 37 of my 56 engines so no good for me. Tried to
    > see how grouping worked and couldn't figure out, I
    > uninstalled the extension and lost my search engines
    > from the search bar.
    >
    > The really strange thing is that
    > I was unsuccessful in restoring with a backup profile
    > so I went back to what I have.

    David , try to rename/delete "search.sqlite" file .

    --
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_search_or_add_new_engines"

  3. Re: Search Bar reduced to original search engines

    "Nir" wrote...
    > David McRitchie wrote:
    > > My search engines got reduced to the what looks like the
    > > original default branded search engines. I tried
    > > renaming localstore.rdf and still have the problem.
    > >
    > > Within searchplugins in my profile, I still have my
    > > 56 .XML files, each defining a search engine.
    > > I'd like to rebuild my search bar with those that are
    > > in searchplugins.

    > David , try to rename/delete "search.sqlite" file .
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_search_or_add_new_engines"

    Perfect, and thanks for the KB article link as well.

+ Reply to Thread