Address book - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address book - Mozilla ; I've been using Moz for quite a while, but I have never figured out how to access the address book from within Firefox. Is this possible? I would like not to need to open Thunderbird in order to find an ...

  1. Address book

    I've been using Moz for quite a while, but I have never figured out how to
    access the address book from within Firefox.

    Is this possible? I would like not to need to open Thunderbird in order to
    find an e-mail addy. I looked for any available Firefox extensions doing a
    search, using keywords "address book", but with no success.

    I'm sure there must be a way to do this, as it seems like it would be a
    common task, but I sure can't figure it out.

    I'd appreciate any help on this, and thanks.

    Allie

  2. Re: Address book

    allie ;> wrote:
    > I've been using Moz for quite a while, but I have never figured out how to
    > access the address book from within Firefox.
    >
    > Is this possible? I would like not to need to open Thunderbird in order to
    > find an e-mail addy. I looked for any available Firefox extensions doing a
    > search, using keywords "address book", but with no success.
    >
    > I'm sure there must be a way to do this, as it seems like it would be a
    > common task, but I sure can't figure it out.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any help on this, and thanks.
    >
    > Allie

    I don't know what OS you're using, so I'm going to assume
    windows. First, make a copy of the icon you use to start
    TB. Now, right click on it and select Properties. At the
    end of target add a space, then a dash then the word
    addressbook, so it looks something like this:

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird new\thunderbird.exe"
    -addressbook

    now, you can start the TB address book directly.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Address book

    >> I've been using Moz for quite a while, but I have never figured out
    >> how to access the address book from within Firefox.

    >> Allie

    > I don't know what OS you're using, so I'm going to assume
    > windows. First, make a copy of the icon you use to start
    > TB. Now, right click on it and select Properties. At the
    > end of target add a space, then a dash then the word
    > addressbook, so it looks something like this:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird new\thunderbird.exe"
    > -addressbook
    >
    > now, you can start the TB address book directly.

    Thank you Peter. Yes I'm using this in Windows. It works just great!
    I made a shortcut and put that onto LaunchMate (I use Litestep, so I
    don't bother with the Windows menus much). Very happy, thanks again.
    Allie ;>

+ Reply to Thread