bookmarks.html size limit - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bookmarks.html size limit - Mozilla ; This morning I discovered that my bookmarks no longer existed when I fired up Firefox. I did find yesterday's backup, but I can't open it, and not only can I not with Firefox, I can't with Notepad or Dreamweaver either ...

  1. bookmarks.html size limit

    This morning I discovered that my bookmarks no longer existed when I fired
    up Firefox. I did find yesterday's backup, but I can't open it, and not
    only can I not with Firefox, I can't with Notepad or Dreamweaver either
    (which is damned odd). Here's the thing, though. My bookmarks.html file is
    almost 7 megs (I know that's a lot, but they're bookmarks that I've
    accumulated over years time). My question: Is there a limit to the file
    size for bookmarks that Firefox will accommodate? And if so, what do you
    do: establish another profile and split the file?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: bookmarks.html size limit

    Alan Andrews wrote:
    > This morning I discovered that my bookmarks no longer existed when I
    > fired up Firefox. I did find yesterday's backup, but I can't open
    > it, and not only can I not with Firefox, I can't with Notepad or
    > Dreamweaver either (which is damned odd). Here's the thing, though.
    > My bookmarks.html file is almost 7 megs (I know that's a lot, but
    > they're bookmarks that I've accumulated over years time). My
    > question: Is there a limit to the file size for bookmarks that
    > Firefox will accommodate? And if so, what do you do: establish
    > another profile and split the file?

    There is no such file size limit for bookmarks.html file.
    you should see these methods "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"
    to restore your bookmarks.

+ Reply to Thread