Open a PDF instead of save? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Open a PDF instead of save? - Mozilla ; How do you get FF to open a PDF instead of saving it? The Tools -> Contents -> File types -> Manage window is totally empty. JimL -- Free speech was guaranteed primarily so fools could spout foolishness, right?...

  1. Open a PDF instead of save?

    --

    Free speech was guaranteed primarily so fools could spout foolishness, right?

  2. Re: Open a PDF instead of save?

    On 4/15/2007 2:38 PM inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com opined:

    > How do you get FF to open a PDF instead of saving it?
    >
    > The Tools -> Contents -> File types -> Manage window is totally empty.
    >

    > JimL

    see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Download_A..._list_is_empty and see if
    any help...

  3. Re: Open a PDF instead of save?

    goodwin said:

    >On 4/15/2007 2:38 PM inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com opined:

    >> How do you get FF to open a PDF instead of saving it?
    >>
    >> The Tools -> Contents -> File types -> Manage window is totally empty.
    >>

    >> JimL
    >>

    >see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Download_A..._list_is_empty and see if
    >any help...

    You know there was once a useable system for this. If they HAVE to keep
    changing everything that already works to something else, I wish they'd
    make it work easily instead of sending non-techie users on an internet
    goose chase for technical blather that would curl your hair. Apparently
    they want it to get to be as bad as IE iteslf. I simply don't understand
    the whole fascination with changing things that don't need changing. Is
    it about new programmers trying to impress someone?

    Thanks

    JimL

    --

    Free speech was guaranteed primarily so fools could spout foolishness, right?

  4. Re: Open a PDF instead of save?

    On 4/15/2007 10:32 PM inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com opined:

    > goodwin said:
    >
    >>On 4/15/2007 2:38 PM inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com opined:

    >>> How do you get FF to open a PDF instead of saving it?
    >>>
    >>> The Tools -> Contents -> File types -> Manage window is totally empty.
    >>>

    >>> JimL
    >>>

    >>see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Download_A..._list_is_empty and see if
    >>any help...

    > You know there was once a useable system for this. If they HAVE to keep
    > changing everything that already works to something else, I wish they'd
    > make it work easily instead of sending non-techie users on an internet
    > goose chase for technical blather that would curl your hair. Apparently
    > they want it to get to be as bad as IE iteslf. I simply don't understand
    > the whole fascination with changing things that don't need changing. Is
    > it about new programmers trying to impress someone?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > JimL

    hardly.
    FWIW, I've never had any problem handling pdfs. Open fine for me in
    Acrobat. Can save to disk from there if needed.
    /Never/ had any problem, so ya see, problems are in the eyes of the
    beholder.
    I didn't go into the cause of your issue, just pointed out a link which
    may or may not be useful.
    Sorry it didn't work out...

+ Reply to Thread