Download manager blank??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Download manager blank??? - Mozilla ; Hi, I want to change how Firefox deals with a torrent file but when I try to edit the download manager options I just get a blank menu. Any ideas?...

  1. Download manager blank???

    Hi, I want to change how Firefox deals with a torrent file but when I
    try to edit the download manager options I just get a blank menu. Any
    ideas?

  2. Re: Download manager blank???

    richard elmore wrote:
    > Hi, I want to change how Firefox deals with a torrent file but when I
    > try to edit the download manager options I just get a blank menu.
    > Any ideas?

    click on any torrent link , TB will ask you either to choose helper
    application to handle torrent file or to save that file in hard disk.
    select your choice and also check 'remember ...' option.
    now goto Tools>Options>Content>File type>Manage , you will find any
    'torrent' entry.

    if you don't find any such entry even after choosing to remember your
    choice ,
    close FF.
    goto FF profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox"
    move this file from profile folder "mimeTypes.rdf"
    start firefox , now try above mentioned method.

  3. Re: Download manager blank???

    Nir wrote:
    > richard elmore wrote:
    >> Hi, I want to change how Firefox deals with a torrent file but when I
    >> try to edit the download manager options I just get a blank menu. Any
    >> ideas?

    > click on any torrent link , TB will ask you either to choose helper
    > application to handle torrent file or to save that file in hard disk.
    > select your choice and also check 'remember ...' option.
    > now goto Tools>Options>Content>File type>Manage , you will find any
    > 'torrent' entry.
    >
    > if you don't find any such entry even after choosing to remember your
    > choice ,
    > close FF.
    > goto FF profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox"
    > move this file from profile folder "mimeTypes.rdf"
    > start firefox , now try above mentioned method.

    Thanks for that - but it doesn't work! Because the 'always do this' box
    was ticked last time I changed the action, the dialogue box doesn't come
    up. I went to the profiles folder and deleted the mimeTypes.rdf and
    restarted but it still does the same thing (i.e. it downloads the
    torrent file to disc instead of opening it with azureus which is what I
    want and it used to do that.)And the downlaod action box in options is
    still blank. Must be some kind of bug?

  4. Re: Download manager blank???

    richard elmore wrote:

    > Thanks for that - but it doesn't work! Because the 'always do this'
    > box was ticked last time I changed the action, the dialogue box
    > doesn't come up. I went to the profiles folder and deleted the
    > mimeTypes.rdf and restarted but it still does the same thing (i.e. it
    > downloads the torrent file to disc instead of opening it with
    > azureus which is what I want and it used to do that.)And the downlaod
    > action box in options is still blank. Must be some kind of bug?

    I think you have removed that file when FF is closed , right?

    may be server is misconfigured , check what 'Content-Type' server sends
    to FF using "http://web-sniffer.net/"

  5. Re: Download manager blank???

    Nir wrote:
    > richard elmore wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for that - but it doesn't work! Because the 'always do this'
    >> box was ticked last time I changed the action, the dialogue box
    >> doesn't come up. I went to the profiles folder and deleted the
    >> mimeTypes.rdf and restarted but it still does the same thing (i.e. it
    >> downloads the torrent file to disc instead of opening it with
    >> azureus which is what I want and it used to do that.)And the downlaod
    >> action box in options is still blank. Must be some kind of bug?

    > I think you have removed that file when FF is closed , right?
    >
    > may be server is misconfigured , check what 'Content-Type' server sends
    > to FF using "http://web-sniffer.net/"

    Yes FF was closed when I deleted it.
    OK so I went to the websniffer and now I don't know what I'm doing. I
    have gone past the boundaries of my knowledge.
    Websniffer says:> HTTP Response Header