I'm using Thunderbird 2 only for email.

I prefer to use collapsed threads as my sort and display method. Yet
when I do this, I cannot navigate up or down within a discussion
thread, nor can I delete an entire thread. These actions only apply to
the message(s) that are actually visible in the message list.

I have searched for relevant add-ons and the help and came up empty. Is
this relatively basic navigation and management method missing, or am I
just not finding the controls?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"If you'll just plug yourself into the matrix we'll take it from
here." "Ahh it's um... occupied." "Hmm? Oh, yes of course, my
mistake. I spend so much time out of my body that I sometimes forget
where it is. If you'll excuse me?" (Draal and Cmdr. Ivanova, B5
"Voices Of Authority")