tabbed messaging - Mozilla

This is a discussion on tabbed messaging - Mozilla ; I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No problem opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the new tab. There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for tabs yet. ...

  1. tabbed messaging

    I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No problem
    opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the new tab.
    There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for tabs yet. Has
    anyone else seen this or is there eventually a preference to be toggled?
    I'm using Linux. Haven't tried with Windows yet.
    Thanks.

    --
    Christian

  2. Re: tabbed messaging

    Christian Riechers keyboarded, On 5/14/2008 3:31 PM :
    > I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No
    > problem opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the
    > new tab. There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for
    > tabs yet. Has anyone else seen this or is there eventually a
    > preference to be toggled? I'm using Linux. Haven't tried with Windows
    > yet.
    > Thanks.

    The Tabs interface is still experimental. My gripe is I have yet to
    find a way to switch from Tab view back to the Three pane view.
    As for message loading, it WFM in the 8 nightly builds I hav used so
    far. I just today downloaded the 3.01a developers snapshot. See the
    announcement in mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird for the URL to the Mozilla
    Messaging web page.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: tabbed messaging

    Christian Riechers wrote, On 05/15/2008 01:01 AM:
    > I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No problem
    > opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the new tab.
    > There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for tabs yet. Has
    > anyone else seen this or is there eventually a preference to be toggled?
    > I'm using Linux. Haven't tried with Windows yet.
    > Thanks.

    No problem here "http://tinyurl.com/5xqyua" , using It under Linux (
    Fedora 8 ) .
    Have you checked if any incompatible add-on is causing this problem ?
    Also when you opens a message in Tab , does TB log any error message in
    Tools > Error Console ?

  4. Re: tabbed messaging

    Nir wrote:
    > Christian Riechers wrote, On 05/15/2008 01:01 AM:
    >> I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No problem
    >> opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the new tab.
    >> There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for tabs yet. Has
    >> anyone else seen this or is there eventually a preference to be toggled?
    >> I'm using Linux. Haven't tried with Windows yet.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > No problem here "http://tinyurl.com/5xqyua" , using It under Linux (
    > Fedora 8 ) .
    > Have you checked if any incompatible add-on is causing this problem ?
    > Also when you opens a message in Tab , does TB log any error message in
    > Tools > Error Console ?

    Very strange, it is the same behavior with Windows 2k. I downloaded the
    3.0 alpha 1 version from the website and created a new profile. Even
    with all extensions disabled, a new tab opens, but still the message is
    not loading in the new tab. No error messages in the Error Console either.
    It's probably something really silly, but I can't figure out where the
    problem is at the moment. Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

    --
    Christian

  5. Re: tabbed messaging

    Christian Riechers wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Christian Riechers wrote, On 05/15/2008 01:01 AM:
    >>> I was curious about the tabbed messaging in Shredder Alpha 1. No problem
    >>> opening a new tab, but then the message is not loading in the new tab.
    >>> There doesn't seem to be any GUI configuration option for tabs yet. Has
    >>> anyone else seen this or is there eventually a preference to be toggled?
    >>> I'm using Linux. Haven't tried with Windows yet.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> No problem here "http://tinyurl.com/5xqyua" , using It under Linux (
    >> Fedora 8 ) .
    >> Have you checked if any incompatible add-on is causing this problem ?
    >> Also when you opens a message in Tab , does TB log any error message in
    >> Tools > Error Console ?
    >>

    > Very strange, it is the same behavior with Windows 2k. I downloaded the
    > 3.0 alpha 1 version from the website and created a new profile. Even
    > with all extensions disabled, a new tab opens, but still the message is
    > not loading in the new tab. No error messages in the Error Console either.
    > It's probably something really silly, but I can't figure out where the
    > problem is at the moment. Any other ideas?
    > Thanks.

    Problem found. With the Message Pane disabled, the message does not load
    in a new tab. When switching to the 3-pane layout everything works fine.

    --
    Christian

  6. Re: tabbed messaging

    Christian Riechers wrote, On 05/17/2008 04:53 AM:
    > Christian Riechers wrote:

    > Problem found. With the Message Pane disabled, the message does not load
    > in a new tab. When switching to the 3-pane layout everything works fine.

    Excellent discovery .
    Confirmed.
    Btw , I think it's a Bug as It is not working in the same way it does
    for 'Open Message In new Window' . Do you want to report it or you have
    already reported ( I can't find it through my search ) ?

    To report bug
    "https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Thunderbird&format=guided"
    , also you need to create a Bugzilla account if you don't have any .

+ Reply to Thread